roof top pop up tent pro's and con's

r3run33

Adventurer
Hello began doing research for a summer trip to moab and want to possibly do a roof top pop up tent on a 2006 lx 470 (100 series toyota). I am probably partial to the products slee is offering but are there any other models anyone has used and likes? Not looking for anything fancy just something off the ground to sleep 2 adults and maybe 2 kids. Cost will be a major factor; if it gets to expensive; regular tent is gonna have to do. thanks for all inputs

nakman

Hello began doing research for a summer trip to moab and want to possibly do a roof top pop up tent on a 2006 lx 470 (100 series toyota). I am probably partial to the products slee is offering but are there any other models anyone has used and likes? Not looking for anything fancy just something off the ground to sleep 2 adults and maybe 2 kids. Cost will be a major factor; if it gets to expensive; regular tent is gonna have to do. thanks for all inputs

Currently being discussed here http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53844 which contains a link to the definitive Pro & Con article by Kurt at Cruiseroutfitters http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53844

hth! :)

Cackalak Han

Explorer
Regular tent is the best option for my family for the time being. A trailer with a tent may be the ticket in the future.

ddog45

Adventurer
In my mind a springbar tent would be sweet for a family of four. I currently have a rtt and must say a regular 4 season tent is much better than most rtt's being produced. Rtt's are no good in the wind or heat. Rtt's are great when you have drank to much beer and dont want to get up with the sun, they block out most of the sun, atleast this is what I have learned with my eezi awn 1800 mounted on an adventure trailer. I have spent probably 40 nights in my tent and am not impressed compared to my moss four season tents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nowhereman

Members online