Roost Tents???

concretejungle

Adventurer
Rin there is another person on here who says they are James Baoroud USA. I have given him a little feedback. Not a lot to complain about. I may have mentioned this in another post but all i can ask for is 1. it needs to be at least 3 to 4 inches longer. Too short for most USA folks who are 6 foot or taller. 2. The lift struts are a little too strong. It is hard to close it by yourself if it's hot outside. 3. The bottom of the doors should be zipper and not velcro.

That's about it.

OverlandKyle

Adventurer
Rin there is another person on here who says they are James Baoroud USA. I have given him a little feedback. Not a lot to complain about. I may have mentioned this in another post but all i can ask for is 1. it needs to be at least 3 to 4 inches longer. Too short for most USA folks who are 6 foot or taller. 2. The lift struts are a little too strong. It is hard to close it by yourself if it's hot outside. 3. The bottom of the doors should be zipper and not velcro.

That's about it.

That's Craig.... I believe

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD

That's about it.

Yes that would be my co-worker Craig and excellent. We have had several people that have mentioned the extra length needed. Currently we only offer the Grand Raid XXL in a longer length, but hope to have more offerings in the future.

We have also have several prototypes of "softer" strut ideas and a few ideas are being tested over in Portugal. Once we have a design that we are happy with and passes are wind testing we will be sure to implement this into our tent technology.

I'm not 100% sure I understand the zipper bottom of the door. Could you explain it to me?

Thanks,
-Rin

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
Correct, Craig uses the James Baroud USA screen name here. Either of us would be happy to help anyone with any questions.

I know this seems to be a dead topic but I'm more curious than anything after recently visiting Roost's website. Are Roost & CVT one & the same? Reason I bring this up is that I thought they were based out of Atlanta, GA at least the last time I visited their site but now see they share the same exact address and phone number as Cascadia's new location in Bend, OR. CVT dropped their Chinese hard shell tents some time ago so it makes sense but why the mystery?
Yes, CVT was having the hardshell tents made in a far off Asian land and found a facility in Georgia that can make the hardshells. The new line is called Roost

concretejungle

Adventurer
glad you guys are on here!

The larger model is great for the length, but for me it's just too wide. I know, can't win them all. If i were taking a family or even a wife/girlfriend for a VERY LONG trip, then yes, that would be the choice. But in general, it's pretty darn wide.

Cascadia-vehicle-tents

Supporting Sponsor
I know this seems to be a dead topic but I'm more curious than anything after recently visiting Roost's website. Are Roost & CVT one & the same? Reason I bring this up is that I thought they were based out of Atlanta, GA at least the last time I visited their site but now see they share the same exact address and phone number as Cascadia's new location in Bend, OR. CVT dropped their Chinese hard shell tents some time ago so it makes sense but why the mystery?

Good afternoon Surferdude78,

It is no mystery. We have been wanting to build these in the states and we ended up purchasing this company out just a few months back. Since they already had the start we figured it is a great starting point for us. The other thing the product was better than we had thought it would be once we flew back there and checked them out first hand.
We will be offering a few different models also.
We have wanted to do this for a few years and now we are finally moving ahead. We will have a narrower version of the current one. It will be 51" wide x 90.5 long. Also the next ones out here in a few months will be the 51" and 57" x 83" long. We will also have a few variations of the tents coming with roof racks and other accessories.
We will be making them still in Georgia and also in Bend, Oregon.
Hope this answers a few of the questions.

Sjconnor

I really wish these things weren't 3000 dollars! I am not complaining, more curious... It would seem to the layman...(me) that the tent style CVT RTTs would require way more labor and time than the hard shell RTTs. In my minds eye I see these fiberglass shells bring stamped out in some sort of factory line. Anybody care to enlighten me?

Cascadia-vehicle-tents

Supporting Sponsor
I really wish these things weren't 3000 dollars! I am not complaining, more curious... It would seem to the layman...(me) that the tent style CVT RTTs would require way more labor and time than the hard shell RTTs. In my minds eye I see these fiberglass shells bring stamped out in some sort of factory line. Anybody care to enlighten me?

Me and you both SJ. We actually made more profit having them come from China. We knew it was going to be more money but the long short of it is we needed the quality and we needed it here. We are going to do what we can but this also is a bigger shell. We will have the other sizes and they will come in less expensive.
Our goal is within a year or so is to do them in house. This will/should help also with cost. (we will see) I am sorry I could not be more informative.

-Bobby

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven