Round snorkel head

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
Another option is the Australian company has cleanable prefilter foam socks called Uni. You can keep the traditional ram air style and still get some decent precleaning. It is pretty remarkable how well the Donaldson style work though I must say. You can hear the noise of a turbo through them quite clearly (some might consider it annoying).

diesel toyota

Observer
no sale...

Okay, so I misspoke- The smaller pre-cleaner i bought does not flow enough air for the turbo diesel, so I am now running the large 10" one again. Thanks.

I have ran the 10" Donaldson Pre-Filter on my past 88 FJ62 Expedition truck, and always could see it working, hear it pulling air and it worked great traveling, and I think cut down on buying paper filters on the road or carrying many spares. I switched it over to my 87 BJ-74, and just now recently switched to the smaller one by Donaldson; it is much louder than the 10" one, and it also weighs much less too, which is why I switched to the smaller clear one. I will sell my bigger 10" one if someone wants it-$50 you ship.
Very well made, and does a great job.

kai38

Explorer
I used one from Sierra Expeditions http://www.sierraexpeditions.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=406 on a three week trip through Joshua Tree, Mojave Desert, Anza Borrego & KofA. Other then knocking it off and breaking the plastic bowl it worked great on my FJ Cruiser. only ran it while on dirt roads not getting there or highway driving. I'm still using the same OEM Toyota filter I went there with in Oct.
You could also find these at John Deer, I replaced the plastic bowl at a John Deer store after getting home for less then $15.00
You can see the collected dust in the picture

130075656.uPJjU6ma.DSCF1348.JPG

130229759.ZJLXToDF.IMG_0524.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven