RT-610 10 speed Transmission Eaton-Fuller $400 Modesto, CA

crazy

Adventurer
Came out of Crown or Gillig school bus. When the school bus yard scraped some buses, they pulled parts to keep for spares. Located near Modesto, CA. Price is $SOLD.

SOLD

Last edited:

TigerDan

Observer
Damn, that's tempting. I was just in Modesto today, too. What would it take to put that thing behind a Cummins 6BT?

TigerDan

Observer
Any idea what I'd need for a flywheel and clutch? I have the adapter, flywheel, clutch and bellhousing for the Getrag 5-speed (but no Getrag.) Also, I did a little reading about the RT-610 and it looks like it weighs about 650 LBS and is the wide twin-shaft box from what I understand. Gotta get some dimensions and see if it will fit between the frame rails etc. It would be going in a '68 F250.

crazy

Adventurer
I bought it for a school bus. It is big. You are welcome to inspect. I can't help with much else. Sorry.

TigerDan

Observer
Okay, I'll keep researching it. I'm coming back down to Modesto for Rover work within the next month, tentatively on the weekend of the 28th/1st. If you haven't sold it by that time and I think I can make it work I'll see about coming by to check it out and maybe drag it home as I'll have my trailer with me picking up a D110 tub.

crazy

Adventurer
Honestly, I don't think you have much to loose money wise. I priced it at what I thought a core charge would be. Selling it for the same price shouldn't be a problem.

crazy

Adventurer
RT610a.jpg

TigerDan

Observer
I've been looking into it and I think the twin shaft tranny is too wide to easily fit into my truck, from what I've read it looks lie fairly extensive hacking of the floor will be needed to fit it into the tranny hump, so I'm afraid I'll have to pass. Sure got me thinking about using something other than a 5-speed though. Thanks for humoring me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk