Rtt garage ceiling hoist!

tedennis

Looks good. I cant tell in the picture but if those ceiling anchors are in solid beams overhead, I would just let it hang by those and relieve the stress on the rest of the system. The hanging weight on four anchors is a lot less than the weight on some of those single points. Just use the winch for lifting and lowering, which you might already be doing.

I am debating a similar idea but want to make a full length bed rack that extends over the cab a bit and have my tent, awning, extra lights and gear attached to it but be able to lift it off the bed for everyday driving. Connect it with the bolt on cap clamps or in some other fashion. Still planning this one out.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Jay J

Nicely done. I dig the chains for parking it, overhead safety.

Thanks! Hopefully the chains will help me sleep a little better at night when the truck is parked under it.

Looks good. I cant tell in the picture but if those ceiling anchors are in solid beams overhead, I would just let it hang by those and relieve the stress on the rest of the system. The hanging weight on four anchors is a lot less than the weight on some of those single points. Just use the winch for lifting and lowering, which you might already be doing.

I am debating a similar idea but want to make a full length bed rack that extends over the cab a bit and have my tent, awning, extra lights and gear attached to it but be able to lift it off the bed for everyday driving. Connect it with the bolt on cap clamps or in some other fashion. Still planning this one out.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

So the rope hoist pulleys are attached to the lag eyes that are in the joists. The chains are attached to lag hooks that are also in the joists. Once lifted up off the truck the chains are attached manually then I let most of the weight off the winch, onto the chains.

The only things shared between the actual hoist and the back up chains are the 6k lb rated slings and ceiling joists. Barring failure of either of those 2 the system has a backup while being stored.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy