RTT Gone Crazy!!!

zscott

Adventurer
I have never had issues with my tepui telescopign ladder either. I would imagine that most of the complaints come from user error and lack of reading the instructions rather than a faulty design or poor components.

dwdart

Issues can come in many different ways. Sometime it's user error and sometime it's product malfunction.
From the information I have read, I feel Tepui produces a quality product that will hold up.
I am sure there are many others that make a great product as well but what I do like is the ladder length and the extras you get standard on the ruggedized version.

I will be contacting Adam to order my first Tepui RTT.

It's going to be nice not being in a ground tent or the backseat of my truck.

dstock

Explorer
The telescopic ladder sounds like it could be a problem.

How about info on any of your RTT's?
The good, the bad and the ugly.

I am still looking around at different RTT's and I noticed that almost every CVT is out of stock.
I have read some good things about CVT but out of stock on every model but 2. Is this company out of business?

I'm getting close to pulling the trigger. I want a RTT soon! The beach is calling.

CVT is not out of business, they did a group buy in March that went gang busters and they are still finishing up getting all the orders to customers. Got mine and love it!

dwdart

CVT is not out of business, they did a group buy in March that went gang busters and they are still finishing up getting all the orders to customers. Got mine and love it!

That's good news. I only asked because every model tent I looked at on their website was out of stock. I think there was one model that didn't show out of stock.
I found a great deal with Adam (Box Rocket) on the Tepui Kukenam XL Ruggedized tent. Ordered it today!!!

Should be here next week. Can't wait to get this baby set up and in use!

parapyropig

Gorilla Wrangler
The telescoping ladder on my Autana started to fail at multiple latches within 1 season of use. It's theorized that the internal mechanism became misaligned somehow...

Tepui replaced it under warranty with one of their sliding ladders - at my request.

The slider is vastly simpler and feels more stable (my preception due to less flex). I drilled mine to allow shortening it & bought the extension in case I'm on a slope.

NO problems since, and Tepui showed their quality as a business by backing their product & working with their customer.

concretejungle

Adventurer
My 2 cents is that you need to decide what type of RTT you want first. Do you want a fold-over fabric type tent like a lot of the brands already discussed, or do you want a "clam shell" fiberglass RTT?

I've had both and prefer the clam shell for long trip aerodynamics, ease of set-up and take down and just overall satisfaction.

They both have their advantages and disadvantages. I also don't think i would judge a RTT by it's ladder. That's easily replaceable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal