RTT on Over Cap Ladder Rack ?

tconnolly1

Hi! If this topic has already been covered - please direct me to the thread :)

Does anyone have experience or general thoughts on mounting a RTT on a contractor's ladder rack that fits over a cap? Here's the one I'm looking at:
https://www.discountramps.com/truck/ladder-rack/p/CAP-RACK-ALUM/

I'm trying my best to keep cost down and also have the freedom to remove/add the cap depending on the trip I am taking, all while leaving the tent on.

Thanks!

09Busaman

No experience, but general thought is you should be fine. What type of cap do you have? That rack supports 800 lbs, just double check your mounting dimensions for the tent itself. You may need some cross bars that dont look to be included that can be mounted on top of the rack. That may also require an extended ladder.

Crazy Schooner

Fortune's A Mistress
I did this 6 or 8 years ago with a ladder rack. I needed a bed rack and couldn't find anyone to build one. Considering how bad the aftermarket was for first gen Colorado/Canyon truck I went this route for a little bit. It should mount okay, but it will be tall, so you might need a ladder extension like I did. Looking back, this temp setup was pretty hilarious but it worked.

ARB%20Setup%20A2-X3.jpg
Lake%20Shot%20Clean%20Edit-X3.jpg

Yarjammer

Wellreadneck
I used a very similar rack on my Bantam trailer to hold my Autana and it held up very well. I would say go for it.

tconnolly1

No experience, but general thought is you should be fine. What type of cap do you have? That rack supports 800 lbs, just double check your mounting dimensions for the tent itself. You may need some cross bars that dont look to be included that can be mounted on top of the rack. That may also require an extended ladder.

Thank you!

tconnolly1

I did this 6 or 8 years ago with a ladder rack. I needed a bed rack and couldn't find anyone to build one. Considering how bad the aftermarket was for first gen Colorado/Canyon truck I went this route for a little bit. It should mount okay, but it will be tall, so you might need a ladder extension like I did. Looking back, this temp setup was pretty hilarious but it worked.

ARB%20Setup%20A2-X3.jpg
Lake%20Shot%20Clean%20Edit-X3.jpg

Awesome! Thank you!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scolpax