RTT on trailer and changeing room

XTorrey

Observer
Great idea using the gas struts! Following this for future build reference.

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Box Rocket

Curious about the strength of your struts too. I went with 4 70# struts and I still have to push pretty hard to get it open. I can however do it by myself which was impossible before.

Awesome, what is the length and strength of your struts?

I'm using four 50# struts for a total of 200# of lifting force. It all goes up pretty easily and locks itself into place without me having to do anything but pull the pop pins. Like I said earlier, putting it down is easy with two people. Alone, I close the tent first and then climb on top for enough weight to push it back to the closed position. I don't remember the length off the top of my head. I think the extended length is around 4'

Box Rocket

Oh, and I got the idea for the struts from someone else. Jeremy Womack from Expedition Ops used the same approach on his trailer but like some others the struts are inside the tubes. I chose to mount the struts on the outside in case I needed to ever replace them, they were easier to get to without needing to pull the entire rack out and off the trailer. Also I could pull just one strut to replace it. With the struts inside the tubes you'd need to disconnect all of them to pull the rack off to get to the bad strut. Seemed like more work than I like to do. :)

kronicbass79

That is an old design. I have since built a new lift, but to answer your question, it was quiet and there wasn't any movement in the structure when at full height. I have built another lift that is based off that design, but uses 12 actuators and gas struts.

Any chance you can share pics of that design? I would really appreciate it. Thank you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tdittyrocks

Observer
Any chance you can share pics of that design? I would really appreciate it. Thank you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is the thread I had. I no longer have the schematics for it, but it operates with w stabilizer jack located in the middle. There are slider bars located on the two long ends. These elongate when the lift is raised and are locked into a fixed length by pins. Hope this helps.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/78910-RTT-Lift-Option?highlight=rtt+lift

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3

Members online