Safari Gard Roof Rack

Wilson1730

Observer
I have recently taken my Safari Gard roof rack off my Disco 1. I've looked around on line and the company went out of business. I'm looking to sell the roof rack but it's hard to pinpoint the price for which to sell it. I was thinking $700 but I wanted to check in and see what people thought. Thanks for the help.

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
Never seen one- post a pic please. Greg built a bunch of items in limited quantities- wish I still had my F-350 $G front winch bumper!!

Ray_G

Explorer
Depends on condition and model. Mint condition low racks might get you to $700, mint condition high racks (far more common-i.e. the ones that leave the stock roof rails in place on the D1) seem to catch somewhere around $500-600 at best. Of course this all depends on where you are and what the market is like at the time. Watching over time (and having owned 4 SD racks, selling 3 high ones and keeping the single low one that I literally bought a rusted out XD for just that component) you'll see that they seem to cluster at times for sale which is weird.

In the end it is, of course, worth what someone would pay for it. I'd consider throwing it on for sale here and ebay. Discoweb and Defender Source may get it moved but likely get you a lower price given the nature of those sites.
r-
Ray

Wilson1730

Observer
Disco

I bought my Disco from this forum a few years back with the roof rack on it. On the back of the truck is a Safari Gard sticker, so I assumed it was a Safari Gard rack. I may be mistaken but I have been unable to find one online that looks exactly like mine. I've seen other racks that look like it but haven't found a brand. I attached of photo of it. See what you think.

Attachments

• Disco1.jpg
    Disco1.jpg
    565 KB · Views: 31

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
Looks like a regular Safety Devices rack to me (google safety devices discovery 1 rack)

Still worth what you're asking though. Try selling it on DiscoWeb

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gotfuzz