Sale: Old Home Videos to DVD

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Hey everyone, Here at Caltape we are having a sale on DVD transfers.

Right now transfer your home videos or your old vacation overland trips to DVD for only $15.00 per disc!! :wings:

tapedubs.gif
>>
dvdart.gif

Limit is 2 hours per disc. Call us today 714-854-7292 830am-5pm PST Additional copies are $5.00 per disc. Includes jewel case and printed title directly to disc face (no label). Choose from either a silver or a white disc. DVD is a auto play DVD with no menu.

Formats we can transfer to DVD are: Hi8, Mini DV, VHS, VHS-C, Betcam SP, DVCAM, Betamax. For reel to reel, please call.

24-48 hour turn around. (Turn around times can vary, first come first serve) Ship us your tape or drop it off and we'll UPS it back to you or you can pick it up. We are located in Anaheim CA.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Thanks for the great idea. I think I have some little camcorder (8mm) tapes. Do you handle those too?

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Thanks for the great idea. I think I have some little camcorder (8mm) tapes. Do you handle those too?

8mm should not be a problem. The only version we can't do is "DIGITAL Hi8". They never made a deck for those. However, that being said, if it is... we can just run it off your camera if you still have it.

Replied to your PM.

Any chance of reel to reel audio to cd or DVD ?
We can do video Reel to Reel to DVD for $0.25 a foot. It takes a week or two depending upon how man you have.

Reel to Reel audio to CD is $75/hour and takes a week or two as well.

Dave,
Do you put breaks in the disc, like chapters or scenes, or is it one straight uninterrupted movie?
I can if you want.. but usually we charge more for that because we have to baby sit the transfer. Yes, the $15.00 is what we call a "quick and dirty". Just an auto play DVD that plays all the way through.

Last edited:

SoCal_80

Explorer
Reel to Reel audio to CD is $75/hour and takes a week or two as well......

Sounds good!
Is that $75/hour labor or $75/hour of actual audio transfered ?
Thanks again and i will probably be dropping off some tape your way soon.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Sounds good. We appreciate it. Actual audio. It's realtime.. so basically... $1.25 a minute. Minimum charge is 1 hour ($75).

CA-RJ

Expo Approved™
I might drop by and give you our wedding Mini DV that we've never seen (since we don't have a mini DV camcorder). $15 is a steal!

If I had some cassette audio books that I wanted transferred to CD, could you do that?

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
I might drop by and give you our wedding Mini DV that we've never seen (since we don't have a mini DV camcorder). $15 is a steal!

If I had some cassette audio books that I wanted transferred to CD, could you do that?

Dude, i might have to do that one for free... that's just plain wrong that you never have seen your own wedding video!!!! Drop on by!

As far as audio cassette books, if they're copyright protected because they're sold to the public.. then no can do. Sorry man.

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Dave

How do I know if my tapes are "DIGITAL Hi8"?

All mine say on them is Sony 8mm Video Cassette, MP120, NTSC8

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle