Scepter fuel cans and expedition communication gear

Nevets10

Observer
We just did a bulk order for our group, NIORA but have some extras from people who backed out. They're the Scepter 5 gallon (actually 20 Liters which is slightly bigger) military olive drab. I understand they will be impossible to get in the US after 1/1/09, but they're still the best. No rust, no leaks, no rattle, and crush proof. They're expensive at $75 but they're the best. These are brand new. Email or pm me if you're interested.

ScepterCan.jpg

I also have some expedition type handheld radios for sale. I have 2 versions. One are ICOM F4S UHF radios. I have 6 of these. They are $85 each with charger, antenna and battery. They're a full 4 watts and can be programmed to the FRS/GMRS frequencies. They are 32 channel. A nice feature about them is they have a full 8" antenna (much better than the blister pack radios). The antenna is removable and the radio can be attached to a roof mounted antenna for awesome range and reception. They have been refurbished and tuned. I'd be happy to program them for you.

The other ones are identical but the model is an ICOM F3S which is the VHF version. VHF is a full 5 watts but not compatible with FRS/GMRS radios. But they are compatible with Ham radio 2-meters, MURS, Marine band, and weather channels. The F3S is $85 also

We used them both on expeditions depending on what others in the area were using. Keep in mind UHF and VHF are both FM (just like FRS/GMRS and unlike CB) so they are line-of-sight. We've easily gotten a legimate 20 miles out of them in open terrain, like the desert. Mountains will limit their range just like any other radio. But they're excellent radios. The military used them in Iraq and Afghanistan.

This is a picture of two of them. Both versions look identical

PB140084.jpg

I also have a ICOM mobile unit for sale. It's an F221 UHF. 128 channels and 50 watts. Great radio. Amazing range and clarity. It's like new with mounting bracket, microphone and manual. The mobile radio is $210

PB120066.jpg

Email or pm me.

Nevets10

Observer
I just wanted to add a couple fo things. We have a few extra fuel cans that we purchased through a group buy. This isn't a on going thing but just some extras from people who backed out. Once they're gone that's it.

The radios are mine personally and guaranteed to work 100%.

If you have questions just let me know.

Would you be able to ship a Scepter to AZ? I tried to order one last year from BQM, but it never showed up. I think it may have gotten confiscated.

Nevets10

Observer
Purple People Eater said:
Would you be able to ship a Scepter to AZ? I tried to order one last year from BQM, but it never showed up. I think it may have gotten confiscated.

It probably never shipped. I sent one to a guy there last week and he got it. Shipping $13. I have a few left. Just let me know.

Nevets10

Observer
Here's the update.

The F221 base/mobile is probably sold awaitng payment.

There are just 6 fuel cans unspoken for and when their gone I think that might be it. Here's a photo of part of our group purchase. If you still want one email me.

BulkPurchase.jpg

kcowyo

ExPo Original
SR - I got mine today, thank you.

Fuel can new as advertised and shipped quickly. I appreciated the tracking # too. I look forward to having the added security on our trip over the upcoming holiday.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours - :beer:

- KC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach