Selling my FlipPac but no bites?

getout

Adventurer
SOLD

We're selling our FlipPac that we love but need to get rid of so we can buy a house (yes, I realize this is the complete opposite to the freedoms afforded by a FlipPac).

We've had it on here and some other classifieds for a few weeks with no real bites. Are we priced to high? Is it the wrong time of year? Is it because we're in Utah?

Any suggestions would be appreciated! We're not in a huge hurry but at the same time, some genuine interest in it would be nice.

Here's the ad:

Located in Salt Lake City, Utah
Price dropped to $1,600

The good:
It's in generally good condition and has kept wind and rain out in some pretty horrendous storms.
New shocks for the rear window
Rain fly is in excellent condition
Includes handle and some metal rod for pushing the fabric in when closing (I just do it by hand)
No leaks when closed or opened
Has the foam for the bed
Also has a wooden platform that fits on the rails so you can sleep above the truck bed and store things underneath
Has an awning on the side

The bad:
It's not new so there is some general wear to the entire thing (paint chips on exterior, tent fabric stains, six drilled and filled holes behind driver's side cab for antenna mount?)
One of the interior poles has a 12" section of pvc pipe around it and duct taped at the ends. I imagine the pole is bent underneath but never took it off and it hasn't caused any problems

I can post more detailed pictures later if anyone is interested.

I realize the next owners of the truck will be disappointed I got rid of the color matched FlipPac and rain fly, but I'm sure they'll live without it. :)

View attachment 80356

View attachment 80381

Last edited:

/dev/ram

/dev/yj tow vehicle
Seems like some details are missing to allow folks to see if it's relevant - short bed, long bed, truck brands/models it is know to fit, exact dimenions to see if it will fit anything else, etc. An inside shot always helps, particularly of the (custom?) sleeping platform (and how many can it now sleep?). Not my thing (at least at the moment) but those are the things I wonder...

SLO_F-250

Explorer
getout,

I feel ya! Been trying to sell my Dad's Wildernest for about a month now. Posted it on here and CL. Link to the add. I'm thinking it might be the time of year because I think the price is fair on both of ours from what I have seen for FlipPac's and Wildernest's
Good luck!

Paul

DingusKahn

Adventurer
Size??

Never mind. found the original thread. But.... What make and size is the awning? I have a Wrangler JKU, not a truck or I would be all over this. Might be anyway. Post more pics please.
Oh, and is the torsion bar in good shape?

Last edited:

getout

Adventurer
Thanks for all the responses. I moved the dimensions into the first part of the thread. I'll have to get out there and take some more pictures but unfortunately won't have time until the weekend.

Much appreciated!

austintaco

Explorer
When I bought my flippac, I had to sell my campershell and a wildernest that I had on my trailer. Though both, the double cab campershell and Wildernest, were somewhat hard to find, and many people bumped my threads and said what a great deal they were, neither sold quickly.
My shell didn't sell until the day before I left to pick up the flippac. I must have had 20 people contact me about but it just takes one buyer.

The Wildernest sold on the third or 4th inquiry. The buyer knew that was what he wanted for his project.

Selling during or after Christmas might limit buyers. However, for smaller items, after Christmas can be a good time. Younger folks might have received Christmas money to spend and will start calling.

Post the flippac on craigslist and other 4x4 or camper sites. The more places you list it, the more likely a google search will pull it up too. Be willing to travel for a motivated buyer.

Post the Wildernest here: http://wildernestcamper.com/ You might even post the flippac there too.
Flippac has a dedicated site here:http://flippac-owners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1

hope this helps.

getout

Adventurer
Incredibly tempting but I'd guess that if you really wanted it that bad, it's going to be cheaper for you to ship it than it would be to pay for gas for that trip. At 1,400 miles, assuming I'm going half of it and making a round trip, would cost about $375 in fuel. Double that to include your half and that's more than it costs to ship a car across the US.

If you're seriously interested though, send me a PM or email and I'll get some more pictures to you so you're not going into this blind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3