show me you interior goodies! (small mod that make your ride more useful)

AFBronco235

Crew Chief
got a little creative with some web strapping and a molle pouch yesterday. Put together this. The glove box is out of a junked f150 and not my original. I've been wanting to try this out for a while, but wasn't sure how to go about it. I ended up grabbing a second glove box to do some test runs on. So far, so good.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Zeep

Adventurer
My add-ons:

Rear rack that keeps sticky fingers out when the windows etc are out. Same idea holds for the toolbox that has replaced the rear seat, and the little grey boxes over the rear wheel wells. I also have one of the jerry can toolboxes on the pass. side. Anything that stays in the Jeep is behind a locking steel door. The inverter is handy for charging the netbook I carry or charging some NiMh AA batteries or a 2nd phone.

Looks like you ditched your rear seat, as I did. I was tired of the rear seat belts flapping around, so went ahead and pulled them as well!!!

Where did you source your bumper end caps?

Last edited:

monele

Adventurer
Looks like you ditched your rear seat, as I did. I was tired of the rear seat belts flapping around, so went ahead and pulled them as well!!!

Where did you source your bumper end caps?

I made the bumper ends. They have taken a beating that the OEM plastic never would have.

WKexpedition

Built, not bought!
Interesting, certainly not as stout as a safe or full replacement console since it still depends on the plastic OEM console but better than stock and (I assume) not as expensive as those options either. I may kludge something together for my console based on that idea.

For the price I'm very happy with it. It's actually a pretty smart design. The stock counsel edges have a huge over hang and there is a steel backing plate that bolts to the locking lid. Definitely not as stout as the replacement safes, but still a great deterrent and really the only clean stock looking option for the wk.

RangerXLT

Adventurer
I'd say where I mounted my first aid kit.
f5e32b75af40238da1b804b66732e6f4.jpg

Shotgun sling.
c3cc47f46eedc0767349d2bb15a40ff2.jpg

My webbing behind the seat.
a8eb76ca5eb2bc64d7359b7b688b5c27.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rayra

Expedition Leader
Going to add a couple of these.

http://www.amazon.com/Cigarette-Lig...09280&sr=1-9&keywords=12v+dual+port+panel+USB

61l9Bd5zp-L._SL1292_.jpg

I've got power ports in my Suburban and I already use a small 12v cig lighter -> dual USB converter and also have a small 100watt cig lighter inverter. But I want to replace the back corner power port and the 2nd row power port on the back of the center console with these.

Longer term, I'm planning a 2-drawer modular cargo platform seetup, but also a narrow third portion against the driver side of the cargo area which can remain mounted with the third row seat installed. It will house additional 12v battery(ies), a more robust inverter as well as additional power port, USB and Andersen Power Pole ports at the rear hatch end.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MODXVO8...UTF8&colid=QWZ1BSZYG6VW&coliid=I2187STQJHMM2G

51lLUBr2M7L._SL1005_.jpg

eta

sorry for the huge borrowed images

My goal is to have several varieties of power available to anyone in any seat of the vehicle.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Well, I installed my acer tablet, Its an awesome addition. However, the rugged ridge JK dash mount is weak and it does not take the weight. So, I have to go to the Vector dash mount and mount it up that way. The rugged ridge mount shakes with just my phone on it. But once mounted, it is awesome.

Dazrin

Adventurer
For the price I'm very happy with it. It's actually a pretty smart design. The stock counsel edges have a huge over hang and there is a steel backing plate that bolts to the locking lid. Definitely not as stout as the replacement safes, but still a great deterrent and really the only clean stock looking option for the wk.

I took a look at my console the other day to see how to adapt this, unfortunately in an 80 series Landcruiser the center console doesn't have a lip or anything to attach to for screwless installation and just replacing the two lid screws wouldn't be at all secure. So, I instead came up with a plan for an internal locking lid that is attached to the console with screws. I won't have a chance to build this until after the new year, but I have looked for parts and the cost will be less than $30. It isn't a safe, but it should be stout enough for my needs. I will post the results when I am done.

For anyone who does want a safe in an 80 series LC (apparently not the LX450 though) the Fort Knox auto safe is an almost perfect fit in the OEM console. There is a good thread about it on Mud.

lugueto

Adventurer
In no particular order:

Water resistant seat covers
Added a cargo area dome light (Hella VW dome lamp)
LED interior dome lighting
Home made floor mats
Rubber carpet for cargo area
HAM radio in the shifter console
Boatmate organizer in the center console
aux 12V socket behind the center console
Quikfists for flashlights behind the driver and passenger's feet (3D maglite for the passenger, Surefire G2x for the driver)

Ongoing:

Small drawer under the passenger's seat
Cargo door fold down table

AFBronco235

Crew Chief
Got a new goodie for you. Got my tablet mounting bracket in today and had some leftover PVC from another project, so I got creative and built a pivoting arm mount for it. High tech redneck at its finest.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Complete freedom of movement. Move it out for road navigation and bring it in for trail navigation or turn it to the passenger/girlfriend so she can watch a movie as you go along.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater