Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
tombkeeper- The Magg looks great!

If you grab the RTT from the side and push it back and forth, do you get any movement/flex in the rack? How about if you sit inside the tent and try to rock the truck?

Those Thule racks look like they could be an excellent, less exspensive alternative to a custom rack. I'm curious how well it holds up to side loads? Due to the limited flex of the new Tacomas and the high mounting location, the RTT can whip side to side with a lot of momentum when offroad. I'm always interested in hearing other's experiences. Keep us posted.

tombkeeper

Observer
HMR said:
tombkeeper- The Magg looks great!

If you grab the RTT from the side and push it back and forth, do you get any movement/flex in the rack? How about if you sit inside the tent and try to rock the truck?

Those Thule racks look like they could be an excellent, less exspensive alternative to a custom rack. I'm curious how well it holds up to side loads? Due to the limited flex of the new Tacomas and the high mounting location, the RTT can whip side to side with a lot of momentum when offroad. I'm always interested in hearing other's experiences. Keep us posted.

No, no side movement whatsoever...It is as solid as a rock. The Thule racks are extremely strong, they are rated for 450# each (900 lbs), not that anyone should put that kind of weight so high up on their trucks... They are a great modular system, and stout as hell without being heavy.

I didn't originally plan to do any extreme offroading with this setup, I have a built FJ40 for that, but I will be doing a mild lift and some more aggressive tires this year. I liked this setup the best because I can put 2 mountain bikes in the bed as well as the stinky toilet and fuel cans.

Anyone who wants to check out this setup up close can contact me via PM, I'm in southern California.

Last edited:

neliconcept

Spirit Overland
IMG_0148.jpg

Braz475

Observer
New to the forum but have been lurking for a while! Here's some pics of my 01 dbl cab, adding new things as fast as I can afford to!:bike_rider:

LongBeachBirthday002.jpg

LongBeachBirthday003.jpg

JensCamera131.jpg

JensCamera120.jpg

l_e16973452c5d4e71f186f7862a283d85.jpg

l_ab21f02b180a54e35e24338c11ea733b.jpg

l_08c19461ab342078ea94b4a17e392a13.jpg

l_7524474c8496b38c45e8c357bc6eadd2.jpg

l_d5f46069df4bf05f0f4e185df04b9acb.jpg

Wheelingnoob

Adventurer
Few pictures of my truck from our 10 day 2300km trip from BC to CA along the coast.

P6030463small.JPG

P6060754small.JPG

P6040539.JPG

Its a 93 4runner 2dr SR5 V6 5spd, I have a solid front axle out of a 83 in the front with 4.88 gears all round. The rear is spring with 63" 3/4 tonne Chevy springs and is rear locked with a lock-rite for now. I would like it to be a bit lower but with the hi-steer its not going to go down much.

Future mods or mods in the works are front a rear bumpers witha tire caryer on the rear. Also getting my Surco rack back on with shovel and Axe mount as well as a bit more light.

Jeremy:rally_guys:

ttravis5446

Adventurer
I would love to find a 2 door 4 runner that body style. I've only ever seen one in person and it had British Columbia plates on it.

Wheelingnoob

Adventurer
ttravis5446 said:
I would love to find a 2 door 4 runner that body style. I've only ever seen one in person and it had British Columbia plates on it.

Yeah there are not a lot of them around and very very few 93's. Toyota stopped selling them in the US in 92 and continued selling them in Canada till the end of 93. My 4runner is a 5/93 production so one of the very last 2rd 4runners imported. There were quite a few sold in Canada and I still do not see them very often.

On camping trips I some times find my self wishing I had 4doors for ease of accses.

Jeremy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
havanother