Small Kureg coffee maker?????

This is the one we have

http://www.amazon.com/Presto-02835-..._sim_79_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=06A30ZCKTTGM905J011R

Sits right in your coffee mug, our mugs are pretty large diameter so you have to be careful keeping it on. There is a silicon "valve" in the bottom where it pierces the K-Cup, this was stiff and hard to allow water through at first, now it it doesn't hold water (as soon as you pour in the water the coffee will begin dribbling out the bottom). It takes quite a few presses to push the water all the way through, and you have to make sure the top bellows is fully seated or the air pressure will leak by.

While it's fussy and can be aggravating at times, for the price and what it is, it's worth it.

captwoody

Adventurer
I have the myjo works great. just add boiling water and pump the bellows. bought mine at bed bath and beyond for like 14 bucks. i like it because k cups are sealed so I keep the myjo and some k cups on my trailer and I always have fresh coffee.The press and 6 k cups take less space than a 1lb coffee can, don't spill and stay fresh.

CaliMobber

Adventurer
I just use my 120v 5 cup coffee maker. uses about 600w using inverter gauge. I just start the car and turn it on. Even better would be a mini coffee maker with an insulated pot. That way when its done you can turn car/warmer off and coffee stays warm for a while.

Chili

Explorer
We used to bring the Coleman drip coffee maker:

Coleman-Camping-Coffee-Maker-des.jpg

But the last couple years have been buying the single serve instant Starbucks packets (sold at WalMart) and just heated water in a tea-kettle. Much easier, less stuff to pack, and the coffee is pretty dang good.

colombia_starbucks_via_ready_brew_coffee_0.jpg

http://store.starbucks.com/starbuck...ml?navid=starbucks-via-instant-coffee&start=1

MANUCHAO

Aventurero
I have the myjo works great. just add boiling water and pump the bellows. bought mine at bed bath and beyond for like 14 bucks. i like it because k cups are sealed so I keep the myjo and some k cups on my trailer and I always have fresh coffee.The press and 6 k cups take less space than a 1lb coffee can, don't spill and stay fresh.
Thanks for the heads up on the my myjo. I bought one and it works rather well... No need to make moo coffee than needed..!!

keezer37

Explorer
I just use my 120v 5 cup coffee maker. uses about 600w using inverter gauge. I just start the car and turn it on. Even better would be a mini coffee maker with an insulated pot. That way when its done you can turn car/warmer off and coffee stays warm for a while.
This is what I have done. Given the cost of a 5 cup coffee maker, it's the best way to go. I have been considering Kitchenaids travel mug coffee maker but it just doesn't look the part for outdoor use. One fall off the tailgate and that may be it.
Kitchenaid

Mr. Snappy

Adventurer
I tried a Keriug coffee maker in my tool truck with a 1000 watt inverter. Popped the sucker off the minute the Keriug was turned on. Too much current draw, apparently, as the Keriug is rated at 1450 watts. I looked at the specs AFTER trying it, cause I'm dumb like that.
Want simple and fast? Get a moka pot, or an aerobie press. They both make a great single serve cup of joe, or espresso strength if you like that.
In the winter, I fill my Nissan thermos with boiling water before I leave for work, and make several cups of coffee throughout the day using the aerobie press. Easy to make, clean, and store. And less costly than the K cups, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk