Smittybilt Security Storage Vault

JKPhoto

Anyone have any experience with the Smittybilt Security Storage Vault? I'm looking at adding one to my 2-door JK but can't find much info about the unit.

Petro

Adventurer
Don't have the Smittybilt Storage Vault, but do have Tuffy Security Deck which appears to be where Smittybilt got the idea from. You can compare the products and see if they're the same specs or not. I love the Tuffy deck that I have. I have a couple little ones so I am always carrying something with me. Had the Jeep broken into twice with the soft top on, luckily keep the Jeep mostly empty so they didn't get much. With the deck on now though I have no fears. The thing is solidly built and is useful for not only concealing/securing things beneath it, but comes in quite handy as a shelf for double decker storage when needed.

tuffy

Observer
I am probably biased, but look over the Smittybilt drawer VERY carefully. On their website you'll notice that the image of the drawer has the handle and lock photoshopped out. That image is actually a Tuffy Security Drawer - when I complained that they were promoting our product as theirs, they simply wiped the patented Tuffy lock off the front of the drawer and continued on. Shop carefully!

I looked at both the smittybuilt and the bestop and went with the bestop. It was half the price and IMHO the lock is nicer. This is my experience. It also matched the powder coat of the seat frame. The build quality is very good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach