Snorkel installed on Outback!

Superu

Explorer
The latest phase of the Superu's transformation is complete. Safari Snorkel for a Prado 120 Series. Not an easy fit, but it's all good now!

P7213162.JPG

Also added a Whiteline 20mm rear anti sway bar.

Once the 2" lift kit arrives from AU, we'll install that along with a custom 2"FRH bumper and lightbar that will be partly hidden under the factory bumper cover and will be tied in to the strongest part of the subframe.

A pair of LightForce 240 XGTs will serve as driving lights on top of the bar and a pair of LightForce 170s will be the fogs below. Already have the Warn xd9000i mulit-mount winch to go in the FRH.

And also had a great time camping :1888fbbd: in Grand Isle Vermont with side trips to Lake Placid, Montreal and up the Mount Washington Auto Road!

Andrew Walcker

Mod Emeritus
That, my friend, is a thing of BEAUTY!!! I had no idea you could mod up a Subaru like that. My hat is off to one cool vehicle!!!

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
You've got to be in the running for one of the most unique vehicles here.

I would love to have a Subaru with a touch of a lift and do some rallies.

Superu

Explorer
Fun

My motiviation for doing this to a Subie was to accomodate my dual needs of needing a reliable commuter vehicle (24 mpg at 70 mph with all the crap on the roof!) and a fairly capable trail runner that would fit the family and gear.

I've owned Montero's and Yukons as well as a host of cars and this seemed like a good starting point. It's been a blast so far and has proven itself more capable than I expected for hauling me, my wife and 3 sons wherever we've tried to go.

I tend to rebel against being told things can't be done so I've set out to add as much self reliance and recovery to my little Subie as possible. Although my wife did tell me I can find another co-pilot for an ice road trip to the Arctic Circle!!! :rally_guys:

Thanks for the words of encouragement. This is an awesome forum!

Superu

Explorer
2, 5 & 7

Setup as follows:

Position 1 behind driver: Britax Marathon w/ 5 yr. old.

Position 2 center: Britax Booster w/ 7 yr. old.

Position 3 behind passenger: Britax Boulevard w/ 2 yr. old.

It's a snug fit to get them all in, but it works and I was surprised to find that we really didn't have anymore usable space in the Chevy TrailBlazer we rented while the snorkel was being installed.:snorkel:

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Looks cool, can't wait to see it in action!!! Let's hope you don't really need that snorkel!!!

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Does the Subaru have differential breathers you can extend? And what about waterproofing the rest of the electronics?

I imagine Subaru engineers would be surprised at what you've done to their buggy. I haven't seen any like that one before.

Superu

Explorer
Most of the electronics are pretty well protected,

though we'll be doing some additional work when the lift kit goes in later this summer. Have been through water that completely submerged the lower fogs and the lower portion of the bumper cover so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal