Snow bicycle pics!

Funrover

Expedition Leader
With winter approaching :wings: I am really looking forward to snow rides!! :bike_rider:

I have a couple to start
IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_9232.jpg

IMG_9241.jpg

Bikingjan292009018.jpg

DSCN0130.jpg

DSCN0544.jpg

Bikingjan282009009.jpg

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
Nice. Looks cold.

I try to avoid riding in the snow if possible. I landed/fell on my tail bone more times than I count in middle school when I had a paper route and plenty of very cold hands.

Funrover

Expedition Leader
Awesome! How hard is it to ride in the soft stuff? Must wear you out quick!

Depends really. A lot of times the snow will freeze up the soft sand actually making it easier. When it gets deep, Yeah it wears you out!! I still love it and need to take more pics of winter rides!

Last edited:

Funrover

Expedition Leader
Nice. Looks cold.

I try to avoid riding in the snow if possible. I landed/fell on my tail bone more times than I count in middle school when I had a paper route and plenty of very cold hands.

OUCH! I had a buddy break his collerbone on the ice. Man that had to hurt.

dustboy

Explorer
I highly recommend studded tires..which you can make yourself. Just get some self-drilling sheetmetal screws (with the drill point), and drive them through the tread blocks from the inside out. Cover the heads on the inside of the tire casing with a couple layers of duct tape so they don't puncture the tube.

You'll want screws just long enough so the drill point is exposed 1/8" or so.

I made a set of these many years ago, they take a little bit of time but they grip like crazy!

Funrover

Expedition Leader
Man this trail was a lot of fun. There were a few stretches I hiked due to ice but much of it was still snow covered enough to provide traction. I did not make it up the "wall" nor did I even try. The bottom will be muddy on a warmer day, it was almost frozen solid when I was there yeaterday. Only grabbed a couple shots!

DSCN1357.jpg

DSCN1360.jpg

DSCN1362.jpg

DSCN1363.jpg

DSCN1365.jpg

Zedbra

This was from a few weeks ago. Took 1.5 hours to hike into the trail head - was eventually 6-8" of fresh powder. Then a 3 hour descent pursued.

Snowrun013.jpg

Snowrun015.jpg

Snowrun017-1.jpg

Snowrun019.jpg

Snowrun026.jpg

Snowrun030.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3

Members online