So what dish or recipe are you "known" for?

rusty_tlc

Explorer
It use to be required that I bring biscuits and sausage gravy on all group camping trips. For a group of six I'd make two 1/2 gallon milk cartons of gravy. At first I'd make biscuits, but I soon realized the pop-n-fresh ones worked just as well. It's all about the gravy, which in turn is all about the sausage. Fresh ground pork shoulder, sage, poultry seasoning salt and pepper, a dash of red pepper flakes.

campingmom

Are we talking about camping meals only? If so - I'm known for my Taco Salad. I make the bean/meat mixture at home and freeze it. I shred some cheese at home too. The meat stays frozen in the cooler for a day or two. When it has thawed, all ll I have to do is heat it up, scatter some tortilla chips on a plate, top with the meat and the cheese and some lettuce, and serve with salsa and sour cream. Quick, easy and delicious!

231166_621484069401_62002887_33187927_6337362_n.jpg

Citrus broiled salmon (or grilled as seen above) with grilled asparagus.
Salmon's skin is salted (careful not to over salt the meat) and the meat is then seasoned with course ground sea salt and course ground fresh pepper, other spices that suite my fancy get dashed on as well. You'll need three oranges usually. First one is juiced onto the salmon, the second is sliced and grilled on the pit (or broiler) and the third is sliced and used as a garnish as the grilled ones I generally do not like to eat. A very light coat of brown sugar tastes good also, but I find it detracts from the taste of the salmon itself.

The asparagus is seasoned similarly to the salmon, S&P, but the trick is to coat the asparagus with olive oil first so that the seasonings stick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Design