SoCal Tear Drop Owners! Post up!

mvbeggs

Adventurer
I don't see Hannibals specked on the Socal site?

Nope. You have to purchase separately from a Hannibal dealer. SoCal will put the mounts on the roof rack to accommodate the Hannibal. For me, it was simple to bolt the awning onto the mount provided by SoCal. Took me less than an hour to mount. Here are some pics:

[URL=http://s1223.photobucket.com/user/mvbeggs/media/2013%20AT%20Teardrop/Awning1_zps50ac64db.jpg.html] [/URL]

[URL=http://s1223.photobucket.com/user/mvbeggs/media/2013%20AT%20Teardrop/Awning2_zpscbfa45d9.jpg.html] [/URL]

[URL=http://s1223.photobucket.com/user/mvbeggs/media/2013%20AT%20Teardrop/Awning3_zpsc9060ec5.jpg.html] [/URL]

Last edited:

No Ma

Wonderer
What are those options?

Marine interior evens out the front of the interior shelves and encloses the whole area for more secured storage.

marine_interior.JPG

The galley flipper doors enclose the two cubbies in the galley on the worksurface as well as the pass through. Gives you more enclosed storage for the galley.

galley_flip_doors.jpg

Thanks to Semi-Hex and Nacho for the pictures of the marine interior and galley flip doors. They helped quite a bit with our choices of options.

cactusjk

Explorer
Looks good! Also looks like a new bed shelf. Definitely some new options to consider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Semi-Hex

Enfant Terrible
There are a very large set of options that So-Cal doesn't list. I would consider searching the inter webs to find them or even better bug So-Cal to post more options. After my visit yesterday, I'm amazed at what this company can do.

Has anyone come up with a way to lock the doors from the inside?

Yes! Locking doors are a must to sleep at truck stops on the way to and from our adventures.

Tom at Treeline created plastic blocks that fit into the handles on the inside and prevent them from opening.

I don't have a photo handy. My teardrop is currently at Treeline for maintenance. I can post something in a week or so when I pick it back up.

jamonsote

Amateur Adventurist
You can also use the key to engage the lock with the door open. Then when you pull it closed it's locked behind you.

cactusjk

Explorer
While you are at Treeline ask Tom what his lead time is now. He was hoping to hire another helper. I ordered in November and the build date starts this November.
Yes! Locking doors are a must to sleep at truck stops on the way to and from our adventures.

Tom at Treeline created plastic blocks that fit into the handles on the inside and prevent them from opening.

I don't have a photo handy. My teardrop is currently at Treeline for maintenance. I can post something in a week or so when I pick it back up.

No Ma

Wonderer
Looks good! Also looks like a new bed shelf. Definitely some new options to consider.

The new bed shelf might just be ordering the mattress to a standard length. The bed length in the 510XS is 88". A king or queen is 80" long. SoCal in Upland has the mattress made to full length by default, but will have them made to other lengths on request. We asked for a standard 80" length. That might be how/why there's a tray at the foot of the bed in the picture.

Semi-Hex

Enfant Terrible
The new bed shelf might just be ordering the mattress to a standard length. The bed length in the 510XS is 88". A king or queen is 80" long. SoCal in Upland has the mattress made to full length by default, but will have them made to other lengths on request. We asked for a standard 80" length. That might be how/why there's a tray at the foot of the bed in the picture.

We are getting the standard queen mattress length (80") so we can fit normal sized sheets on it. I will be building a small shelf system at the foot for storage of more stuff too. May is coming quickly!

cactusjk

Explorer
Has anyone talked to Tom at Treeline lately to see how his backlog is?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal

Members online