SOLD -1995 Toyota Landcruiser w/ 4BT Cummins 3.9L Turbo Diesel, AZ

OverlandTheWorld

OverlandTheWorld.com
Wow very nice 80! What's next??

Nothing major planned, we have another 80 and will just do American SW trips and Mexico for the foreseeable future. Eventually we will fly-n-buy something in Australia or build a Sprinter for Europe.

MTSN

Explorer
Nothing major planned, we have another 80 and will just do American SW trips and Mexico for the foreseeable future. Eventually we will fly-n-buy something in Australia or build a Sprinter for Europe.

Very cool - good luck with the sale and future adventures.

OverlandTheWorld

OverlandTheWorld.com
Bump for a lower price. I also started adding up the receipts (which I have avoided) and currently have over $67,000 USD into the cruiser. Somebody will get a great deal.

languidium

Title

I am intrigued by how you can get the permanent plates from Montana. I live in Ca, and would love a rig like this - but the registering it would be a beast. Do you have a specific reference for where I would find information on how to get this legal in CA?

OverlandTheWorld

OverlandTheWorld.com
I am intrigued by how you can get the permanent plates from Montana. I live in Ca, and would love a rig like this - but the registering it would be a beast. Do you have a specific reference for where I would find information on how to get this legal in CA?

I don't know CA rules for registration and would guess that this cruiser would not be able to be titled in California, but IDK. There are several very simple ways to legally get the permanent plate in Montana however, and I can discuss them, with any serious buyer, regardless of where you live.

snub

There is a chance that you can register this thing in California! Any vehicle from 1997 and before with a diesel engine from 1997 or before is exempt from smog inspections. Just registered my 1991 VW Vanagon with a 1997 Passat TDi motor. Just let them know that you're bringing a vehicle in from out of state, and let them know that it's a diesel. You have to go through a visual inspection at the DMV, but that's mostly to ensure that you have VIN# tags - you will not be referred to a smog station (in my case they didn't even look in the engine compartment!). Or, alternatively the MT perm. plate is another route to go.

sertguy

Observer
There is a chance that you can register this thing in California! Any vehicle from 1997 and before with a diesel engine from 1997 or before is exempt from smog inspections. Just registered my 1991 VW Vanagon with a 1997 Passat TDi motor. Just let them know that you're bringing a vehicle in from out of state, and let them know that it's a diesel. You have to go through a visual inspection at the DMV, but that's mostly to ensure that you have VIN# tags - you will not be referred to a smog station (in my case they didn't even look in the engine compartment!). Or, alternatively the MT perm. plate is another route to go.

I think, but not sure, to register in CA as stated above the vehicle has to had come from the factory with a diesel motor. Just be careful. Here in CA you can go to the same DMV and get different answers from different staff.

Love the cruiser, and If you want to trade for a bad *** 73 Bronco, let me know!

IMG_1092.jpg

OverlandTheWorld

OverlandTheWorld.com
PM's replied to. FYI - I am working to buy a set of 2nd row seats, since some people have asked for them.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven

Members online