SOLD!!!! 2004 Kamparoo Weekender $3,500

Daisy C

It is time for me to sell my Kamparoo Weekender Transcontinental Model Trailer. It hasn't been "off-road" since I bought it 4 years ago. I used it to camp at Fiddler's Conventions (I play a mean bass!!!). I drive a PT Cruiser and had no problems pulling it. It doesn't get used but two or three times a year. Recent surgery has motivated me even more. So....

2004 Kamparoo Weekender
14 1/2 feet long when opened (7'3" closed plus 5' tongue) 5' 6' wide, underbed storage with lift-up panel for easier access as well as an access door on the side, "well" under bed for more storage (I'm going from memory here) 30" wide, 20" across by 10" deep. (If it is important, ask me to measure it to be sure.) PLENTY of head room, the top, when open, is about 9' and goes to around 5.5' at the end of the door. Accommodates a full-size 3" mattress with about 3 - 4"of room on each side. Side pull-out "kitchen" with sink with pump from 15 gallon water tank, with storage inside pull-out. Room on floor for a bunk cots or queen mattress or small table and chairs when weather isn't cooperative. Tires (General, 27X8.5 R14) are 4 years old with less than 10k miles on them. Older spare tire. Zip-on awning with side-wall that covers the kitchen area (can be rolled up when not needed). TREG Hitch, mounted 10-gallon gas tank (which may be out-of-date), mounted galvanized tool box, additionl rack and another 10-gallon gas tank mount (taken off to lessen tongue weight), some of the toughest canvas in the world, screened windows on every wall with plastic zip-up vinyl on inside and canvas that velcroes to body on outside and can be rolled up.

Here is the website for Kamparoo: http://www.kamparoo.com/transspecs.htm. This is the Trans-Continental model which means it is designed for off-road use.

I purchased this 4 years ago, had to replace some of the woodwork because of water/mildew damage. There was damage to the canvas (that has been repaired.... not very neatly, tho) and during the repair of one of the zippers on the door, there are now stitch marks in the canvas where the person at the canvas shop managed to sew a little bit of the side wall with the zipper.... (he said he would NEVER do another one!!). The water tank was removed, sanitized, and replaced after the bottom was painted black. All the gaskets around the side drop-down doors were replaced as well as the gaskets between the top and the bottom of the clam shell. It has been kept under cover.

This is the Kamparoo that has the side kitchen and LOTS of storage under the bed.

Price: $3,500

Location: Paisley, FL (inland from Daytona Beach 40+/- miles, at the SE corner of Ocala National Forest)
Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Daisy

IMG_1849.JPG

IMG_1854.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1812.JPG
    IMG_1812.JPG
    268 KB · Views: 412
Last edited:

Daisy C

No pics from the bottom. It is raining now... Tomorrow I'll see if I can't get some. I'll melt in the rain!!!

Daisy C

The zipper repair isn't noticeable. Will look to see if I can enlarge one of the pics that will show the inadvertent stitching.

Daisy C

Will have to open camper up again to get pic of the inadvertent stitching. I have used it several times during the rain and never had a problem with rain coming in. Because of the location (vertical) and the size of the holes (needle-sized), no rain has ever come in. It is also under the canopy. Let me know if you have further questions. And thanks for asking!

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
Uhg drooling. Take this trailer, add an adventure trailers TAAS suspension. Pure awesome. I can justify two trailers right? :smiley_drive:

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
I can vouch for this seller! I helped her find this trailer and she paid much more than this for it.

I can also vouch that she plays a mean upright blue grass bass! :)

D

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Here are some addition images Daisy sent to me.

While they don't show the underside directly, you can get an idea about the lack of rust. You can also see the stitch repair mentioned.

Daisy C

To LexusAllTerrain....We just took pictures of the bottom. I emailed them to Dendy, asking him to post them for me as I am computer-challanged. The repair to the canvas that is shown in the pictures is where the canvas got caught in the hinge when the camper was being closed before I got it. It had been taped with Duct tape. I had the man at the canvas shop "patch" it. I wasn't very pleased with the results but it does the trick. Both sides of the canvas were ripped and patched. I do not have a picture of where the canvas was sewn into the zipper repair. The zipper was simply replaced with another zipper and there is virtually no way you can tell it unless you look closely. Again, the part of the canvas that was sewn when the zipper was replaced is vertical, has tiny needle holes, does not leak, is about 3" (it was sewn in two places, where the material was pinched...) wide and 12" long (?? I would have to open it up to get the exact measurements). Let me know if you need me to open it up and take pics of where the canvas was stitched. And let me know if you have further questions. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven