SOLD - 2004 Land Rover Discovery

jh.

ambitiose sed ineptum
SOLD

Since we got the boss a Range Rover Sport and she promised to share, I'm going to see what I can get for my Disco. I love it, but we don't need three vehicles. Locally I'm selling it for $10k (which I know all of you would scream at), but I'm in no hurry and have put a lot into her. However, I would sell to an ExPo member for a "best offer" that isn't insulting (be nice - I'm poor now after buying the RRS!! :elkgrin:). Come take a look - worst case scenario you get a vacation out of it as it's located in Jackson Hole.

What I started with: 2004 Disco
What I added/replaced:
Ramsey winch w/ bumper from Lucky 8 and swivel recovery eyes shipped in from a nice dude in the UK
OME 2" lift
Akebono ceramic brake pads
Atlantic British brake lines
Ladder
Prop shaft
Blacked out the wheels
Sleeping/storage platform in the back (rear seat is removed but included) - it's wired for electronic devices and also pre-wired for a future roof rack with fogs front and rear...haven't gotten the rack however.
Fixed the Amigos (you can even have the Amigo Buddy as a memento of its past woes - if I can find it)
Replaced the SAI Pump
Replaced FR window motor and FL is on its way to me (accidentally ordered 2 - does anyone need the other??)
Ultra Gauge
Thule bike rack

I'm sure I'm forgetting something!

All in all it's a great rig and while I'd rather see it go to an ExPo member...if I can find $10k for it locally, well I'd be just fine with that too!! :wings:

Thanks all!

Disco6_zps09de2942.jpg

Disco2_zpsa2ccf017.jpg

20130916-Panel_zpsfd074b6c.jpg

20130916-Platform2_zps702b5be5.jpg

20130916-Platform_zps82ea14c2.jpg

6-rear_zpsfc525f04.jpeg

5-profile_zps52cc2155.jpeg

Last edited:

languidium

Cargo Divider

Great looking truck! I can make out a nice looking cargo divider, what are you using? Also, did you build that sleeping platform? I am setting out to build one and could use specs or tips if you have any to offer,

jh.

ambitiose sed ineptum
Great looking truck! I can make out a nice looking cargo divider, what are you using? Also, did you build that sleeping platform? I am setting out to build one and could use specs or tips if you have any to offer,

Thanks! I used a cargo net from Safari Straps (http://www.safaristraps.com/cargo-nets).

I did build the sleeping platform. Unfortunately I didn't keep any of my crude drawings/plans - but even if I did they would be barely decipherable.

If I remember right, I used 1/2" ply on the bottom, with large holes cut into it to save weight. The outer 3 walls and inner divider (spaced half way so each side perfectly fits rubbermaid under-bed containers) as well as the top are all 3/4" ply. The whole thing is chained to the seat latch bars in the rear. I added a hinged platform to fold forward to fit a 6' tall me when the front seats are all the way forward. I kept a fridge behind the front seats, and the weight was held up by that and the center console (the platform was notched to tuck around it tightly).

I installed a West Marine power output and ran a 4g (I think) directly to the battery with a fuse in the engine bay so it's always hot. Run my air compressor, fridge, and whatever else is necessary off of that.

I then got some carpet off of Amazon and carpeted the top piece (bedliner was rough on our knees). All in all, I really like it...although there was a LOT of trial and error. Fun project though! Let me know if you want any more details.

jh.

ambitiose sed ineptum
Forgot that she has onboard air too...I'm sure that will bring the offers flying in!

jh.

ambitiose sed ineptum
what tires are on her? How new?

and what's a good e-mail to reach you at?
Jonathan

Coopers with about 75% life left. Will take a picture of the treads when I get home. In addition to the 5 on the truck, I have an extra non-matching Disco wheel with a non matching tire that will go with (if the buyer wants). I was going to toss it on the future roofrack as a 2nd spare, and ultimately purchase 6 new tires when the time came.

I'll PM you with my email address.

Thanks!

jh.

ambitiose sed ineptum
Cooper Discoverers

Tires_zpsff59436b.jpg

I was waiting for a break in this sh!tty weather, but no such luck. Here's a dirty wet tire - but then again, they are on a Disco so they're supposed to be dirty and wet.

I also forgot that I retrofit Disco I windshield wipers up front. No more needing to go to the dealer for wipers.

Got somebody local looking at it this evening and got an offer from someone via Craig's for an amount that I would let it go to an ExPo member...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven