***Sold*** 2006 Porsche Cayenne Turbo

207E350

I’m just curious, isn’t this supposed to be an overland vehicle forum? I mean, I know this does, in fact, drive over… land, but does that mean it counts?

transalper

Explorer
I’m just curious, isn’t this supposed to be an overland vehicle forum? I mean, I know this does, in fact, drive over… land, but does that mean it counts?
Porsche-Cayenne-off-road-main-1200x675.jpg

There are rally versions of this vehicle and it does have off-road heritage. If I had one it probably wouldn't have this many lights, but a pair of PIAAs or HELLAs on there would look cool.

Friendly bump for a cool vehicle. GLWS!

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Very cool vehicle. Richard and Delores have had their's all over the place, including Alaska doing winter rallys. Should be fun!

z168

The gen1 Cayenne was the only chassis that had lockers. The succeeding models did not. This is the reason this is gaining value.

The gen1 came out around the time Porsche was unsure which direction to go with their SUVs. Since then they followed almost all other automakers of making sport car fast SUVs.

WG_moots

This has really caught my attention, I am in Colorado an unfortunately not close enough to pop over and have a look. I have a few questions ...

-How long have you owned this and about how many miles did you put on it?
-What is the oil consumption?
-Do you have (and can you post) any pictures of the underside?
-You mention maintenance records from previous owner(s). Anything worth noting aside from regular oil changes? I am thinking spark plugs & coils, cooling system, and/or AC.
-Will it come with owners manual? How many keys do you have?
-Can you post a picture of the spare tire area? I am curious to see if the original tools are still in place.
-Can you post a picture of the tear in the rear seat arm rest?
-The "flaky" front passenger door switch, what impact does this have ... for example; does it prevent you from locking/unlocking the door.
-What aftermarket head unit does it have?

Thanks in advance.
Wil

ih8philly

Adventurer
-How long have you owned this and about how many miles did you put on it?
I purchased it in May 2020 at 139k miles.
-What is the oil consumption?
Ive not tracked it that closely that I could give you an exact number. I also don't drive that much. Id be comfortable saying it is less than 1qt/1000 miles.
-Do you have (and can you post) any pictures of the underside?
Ive uploaded more photos here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/bhELM2XSav2r3LrA7
-You mention maintenance records from previous owner(s). Anything worth noting aside from regular oil changes? I am thinking spark plugs & coils, cooling system, and/or AC.
Photos in the link above also have PO service records.
-Will it come with owners manual? How many keys do you have?
Yes, to owners manual. There is 1 key.
-Can you post a picture of the spare tire area? I am curious to see if the original tools are still in place.
Photos in the link above
-Can you post a picture of the tear in the rear seat arm rest?
Photos in the link above
-The "flaky" front passenger door switch, what impact does this have ... for example; does it prevent you from locking/unlocking the door.
The door locks and unlocks fine. The only problem this may cause is if you unlock the car, open the passenger door and do not open any other door. In this case, the system may relock because it thinks no door was opened. And the door puddle light doesnt turn on. None of these things ever seemed worth the effort of pulling off the door card to fix the switch.
-What aftermarket head unit does it have?
Pioneer AVH-2400NEX

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl