SOLD - 2017 SCHUTT XVENTURE XV-2 Off-Road Trailer

Falthoran

Price: $17,000 (not selling components separately or trailer minus some components, no trades)

Mileage: Under 8,000 miles

Up for sale is this 2017 XVENTURE XV-2 off-road trailer from Schutt Industries — essentially an overbuilt (but lightweight) truck bed to tow behind your rig.

We loved this trailer because it allowed us to set up a base camp, then disconnect and go explore! And though it’s been incredible, a growing family means we’re looking for another option.

Everything is in working order. Has only seen paved and forest service roads, no serious off-roading. Mostly stored inside my garage.

Description and Specifications:
  • Length: 156” (incl. tongue)
  • Width: 79” fender-to-fender (75” track)
  • Height: 84.5” to tallest spot when rack is lowered and RTT folded
  • Cargo bed interior:
    • 59”W (49” between wheel wells)
    • 89”L (minus 6” for folding galley table)
    • 19”H to bottom of closed tonneau cover
    • Up to 56”H from bed floor to bottom of rack when elevated and tonneau cover folded/removed
  • Ground clearance: 14.25”
  • Suspension: 3,500-lb. Dexter independent rubber torsion axle
  • GVWR: 3,500 lbs. (dry weight in current configuration probably in 1,300–1,500-lb. range)
  • Tires: 275/75R17 BFG A/T KO2 tires, load range E (installed 2020, ~1,000 miles use)
  • Wheels: 6-5.5” bolt pattern (OEM Toyota FJ Cruiser 8-hole installed)
  • Max Coupler multi-axis hitch
  • 7-pin connection
  • Electric brakes and emergency breakaway system
  • Independent mechanical parking brakes
  • Rear 2” hitch receiver
  • Two recovery points at rear
  • D-rings at each corner allow the trailer to be airlifted in a pinch
Features and Accessories:
This unit was configured with Schutt’s “Deluxe Plus” package.
  • Tent
    • Dealer-installed CVT Mt. Rainier Extended Stargazer Summit (c. 2017), tan
    • Non-smokers
    • Sleeps: 3+
    • Size (open): 72”W x 132”L x 50”H
    • Size (closed): 72”W x 48”L x 15.5”H
    • Size (sleeping area): 72”W x 96”L (not bad for two adults and two toddlers plus gear)
    • “Extended” tents have a covered overhang going 36” past the end of the tent
    • “Stargazer” tents feature screened and rainproof windows on the ceiling, allowing for ventilation and unobstructed views of the sky
    • “Summit” series tents have the following upgrades over the “Pioneer” series:
      • Diamond plate honeycomb aluminum floor
      • 380g poly/ripstop canvas (breathable, mold resistant, UV resistant, waterproof PU coating)
      • Cinch-buckle straps over the cover
      • 2.5”-thick high density foam mattress with waterproof cover
      • Anti-condensation mat
      • Wrapped interior poles with built-in dimmable LED lighting and two USB ports for charging
      • Alloy fittings, large D-rings, sturdy velcro
      • 600D Polyester Oxford rain fly with taped seams and PU coating
      • Two shoe storage bags
      • Annex with heavy-duty zip-in floor
    • Telescoping ladder
    • Zippered 1000D heavy-duty PVC travel cover
  • Galley / Cooking / Water
    • ARB fridge/freezer with tie-down kit and optional insulating cover (size uncertain, perhaps 47L; DC/AC compatible)
    • Folding aluminum galley table (18.5”D x 90”W) mounts on driver side, with cutout for sink only
    • Galley hot/cold faucet (included) mounts on fender
    • 20-lb. propane tank; system plumbed through body/frame
    • Propane quick-connect fitting for stoves
    • Camp Chef Triton water heater with factory-optional shield
    • 22-gallon potable water tank; system plumbed through body/frame (drain plug removal tool included)
    • Hand-held shower connection on passenger side near RTT ladder
  • Electrical
    • Optima dual-AGM battery setup
    • NOCO Genius Gen 2 Mini on-board dual battery charger
    • Zamp Solar SAE port with Zamp ZS-15AW solar charge controller
    • Two Goal Zero Boulder 30 solar panels; tripod, clips, and Zamp SAE adapter included
    • Switch panel with two available switches (EXP and COMP)
    • Blue Sea fuse bank with three available slots
    • Five 12-volt sockets: three in battery compartment, one at fridge, one near tailgate
    • Rigid Industries LED area lighting (driver side, over galley), additional connections available to add more; grey and red lenses included
    • Four Rigid Industries LED under-body rock lights
  • General
    • Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform elevating rack system (grants additional 6” clearance)
    • Gas strut-assisted elevation
    • Foxwing 270-degree awning with one additional zip-on “wall”
    • Rugged Cover II folding tonneau cover
    • Line-X liner on tongue box, fenders, bed
  • Other Included Accessories
    • Trailer Valet 5X Swivel Jack and Trailer Mover with custom powder-coated mounting plate and power drill attachment
    • Camco drive on tri-leveler
    • Luggable Loo portable toilet with extra bags
    • Manuals
Repairs / Maintenance:
  • New tires in 2020 (replaced original wheels/tires so they’d match my tow rig)
  • Replaced water heater after copper pipe burst in freezing temps (remember to drain it and leave the system unpressurized!)
Known Issues / Notes:
  • The storage “bag” for the awning is slightly sun-damaged from a period where the trailer was stored outside. This hasn’t appeared to have affected its water resistance.
  • One of the RTT ladder’s sections doesn’t lock into place on one side. But telescoping the other sections and leaving that one collapsed works fine — there’s plenty of available height.
  • Because of the tent we selected and where it’s positioned, a couple of the gas struts aren’t strong enough to lift the rack unassisted. You can switch them out for stronger struts, or make do as we did.
  • Although the manufacturer specs suggest this trailer can fit inside a standard 7-foot garage door, it’s not easy (especially after changing the wheels/tires). I’ve only been able to do it by airing down the tires to about 5–10 PSI and cranking it in by hand.

Last edited:

Falthoran

IMG_0754.jpgIMG_0755.jpgIMG_0756.jpgIMG_0757.jpgIMG_0758.jpgIMG_0759.jpgIMG_0760.jpgIMG_0761.jpgIMG_0762.jpgIMG_0763.jpg

kcodegt

Hello, I see someone asked earlier today about the trailer and it is available....LMK if still for sale I am ready to purchase ....what is the best way to communicate I have a question or 2 regarding the title, pic shows a California plate? thanks ...

Falthoran

Hello, I see someone asked earlier today about the trailer and it is available....LMK if still for sale I am ready to purchase ....what is the best way to communicate I have a question or 2 regarding the title, pic shows a California plate? thanks ...

Sent you a PM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kabobkabobkabob