*SOLD* 2020 Ram 2500 Cummins/ 2022 OEV Flatbed Composite Camper

Off-Grid Engineering

Supporting Sponsor
For Sale: 2020 Ram 2500 Big Horn - Cummins Turbo Diesel (28k miles on truck) with 2021 Overland Explorer Vehicles Aluma Tray (flatbed) and 2022 Overland Explorer Vehicles Camp-HBE composite flatbed camper.

Tons of photos here:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qA1Q6QtdS44pn2ht8

For full build specs, see PDF build sheet attached to this post

The Intro:

Hi all! My name is Matt. I own Off-Grid Engineering, LLC and I am co-owner of Boulder Vehicle Outfitters, LLC (dba: BVO Adventure Vehicles) in Frederick, CO.

At BVO, we are lucky enough to build these types of trucks every day as we are a dealer for Overland Explorer Vehicles.

With that being said… This is my personal truck for sale. I built it with every intention of traveling and enjoying it for the foreseeable future. Unfortunately, plans change and running two businesses is a bit time consuming. I feel it’s best to let this one go to a good home for now.

This truck was built sparing no expense. I have listed every part and custom modification (see PDF build sheet) that I can possibly think of but inevitably, there is probably more that I forgot. This build is absolutely dialed in and we have since replicated this truck for several clients using the same recipe. Most parts have less than 5k miles on them and the camper has one 3 day trip in it. I’ve driven the vehicle just enough to tune, tweak, and dial it to perfection but not enough to even wear the shine off of the new parts. This build is 100% ready to go. Put your gear in it, fill it with water, and hit the trail.

I have priced this vehicle based on what it would cost to purchase the truck on the used market (NADA Clean Retail) and build the vehicle identically (and then dropped the price by $30k). Keep in mind that some of these parts are backordered for over a year. So building an identical truck would be very difficult in the short term. In many respects, this adds value to the build as well.

Asking Price:
The asking price has been deleted to protect the privacy of the buyer.

Please message me here or email matt@bvoav.com for more info.

Thanks!

IMG_2523.jpeg

IMG_2523.jpeg IMG_2524.jpeg IMG_2558.jpeg IMG_2528.jpeg IMG_2534.jpeg IMG_2474.jpeg IMG_2478.jpeg IMG_2492.jpeg IMG_2498.jpeg

TONS MORE PHOTOS AVAILABLE HERE: https://photos.app.goo.gl/qA1Q6QtdS44pn2ht8

Attachments

• 2020 Ram 2500 Adventure Truck with OEV Flatbed Camper .pdf
    39.2 KB · Views: 610
Last edited:

Off-Grid Engineering

Supporting Sponsor
Awesome truck.
What do you guys see as the advantage of an upgraded 2500 vs the 3500?

Thank you very much.

On the Ram trucks, the only difference between the 2500 and 3500 is a four link coil spring rear suspension vs. a leaf spring rear suspension. The coil spring suspension rides much better when unloaded and (in my opinion) delivers a bit more compliant ride off-road as well, loaded or unloaded. The 3500 is definitely easier to modify for hauling heavy weight but it is not impossible to make the 2500's do this as well.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
I have a couple questions. First, how do you reach the clasps for the top that are located so high up in back? Second, how do you raise and lower the spare tire? Third, what kind of recovery gear, safe jacks, etc., are included? Finally, could you install, at added cost, retractable steps so that my diminutive wife could clamber aboard? Thought of one other, I have an original Darche Eclipse 270 deg. awning. Could it be mounted on the passenger side of the vehicle?

Dale, aka, the Old Fart

Off-Grid Engineering

Supporting Sponsor
I have a couple questions. First, how do you reach the clasps for the top that are located so high up in back? Second, how do you raise and lower the spare tire? Third, what kind of recovery gear, safe jacks, etc., are included? Finally, could you install, at added cost, retractable steps so that my diminutive wife could clamber aboard? Thought of one other, I have an original Darche Eclipse 270 deg. awning. Could it be mounted on the passenger side of the vehicle?

Dale, aka, the Old Fart

Hi Dale,

Thanks for the questions. I'll answer them in the order they were asked.

First: I am just under 5' 8" and my wife is closer to 5" 6". We are definitely not reaching those latches without assistance, haha. The ladder on the rear of the camper comes down another two steps and can be used to reach the latches. The front two latches are easily reached by standing on the Amp Research steps or in the doorway. We also carry a two-step step ladder to reach the latches or anything else up high. That step ladder easily fits in the rear trundle drawer in the flatbed.

Second: I can actually lift the tire in to place, especially with the help of my wife or anyone else. In a pinch, I could do it by myself. Alternatively... The spare tire can simply be un-bolted and allowed to drop to the ground. The flat tire can then be secured under the vehicle in the factory location, as the hitch and spare tire winch have been modified to fit a 37" spare. As a third option, You could carry the spare tire under the vehicle full time and use the space on the rear of the camper for something else.

Third: The vehicle will come with the factory bottle jack under the seat. Other than that... I have not included any other recovery gear. If that is the only hangup to move this vehicle to a new home, I am happy to negotiate some of that gear in to the deal. Let me know what type of gear you were thinking and I'll see what I can do.

Fourth: The steps that you see in a few of the photos are extremely nice. They are manufactured by OEV for this exact setup. They fold up quickly and stow in the flatbed's headache rack. They should be all you need. However, there are other options out there and I'm sure a solution could be found if you were interested.

Last but not least... Yes, I am sure we can make your Darche awning work on the passenger side of the vehicle.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!
Matt

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Hi Dale,

Thanks for the questions. I'll answer them in the order they were asked.

First: I am just under 5' 8" and my wife is closer to 5" 6". We are definitely not reaching those latches without assistance, haha. The ladder on the rear of the camper comes down another two steps and can be used to reach the latches. The front two latches are easily reached by standing on the Amp Research steps or in the doorway. We also carry a two-step step ladder to reach the latches or anything else up high. That step ladder easily fits in the rear trundle drawer in the flatbed.

Second: I can actually lift the tire in to place, especially with the help of my wife or anyone else. In a pinch, I could do it by myself. Alternatively... The spare tire can simply be un-bolted and allowed to drop to the ground. The flat tire can then be secured under the vehicle in the factory location, as the hitch and spare tire winch have been modified to fit a 37" spare. As a third option, You could carry the spare tire under the vehicle full time and use the space on the rear of the camper for something else.

Third: The vehicle will come with the factory bottle jack under the seat. Other than that... I have not included any other recovery gear. If that is the only hangup to move this vehicle to a new home, I am happy to negotiate some of that gear in to the deal. Let me know what type of gear you were thinking and I'll see what I can do.

Fourth: The steps that you see in a few of the photos are extremely nice. They are manufactured by OEV for this exact setup. They fold up quickly and stow in the flatbed's headache rack. They should be all you need. However, there are other options out there and I'm sure a solution could be found if you were interested.

Last but not least... Yes, I am sure we can make your Darche awning work on the passenger side of the vehicle.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!
Matt
Matt,

Thanks so much for the prompt reply! Let me clarify something; the step I am interested in is the electrical one that you can install under the doors on the cab. Open the door and they swing down, close the door, they swing up. I think they may be strong enough to act a bit like a slider. Nothing you would want to lean the entire weight of the vehicle on. Just something to push sagebrush, etc., aside.

Off-Grid Engineering

Supporting Sponsor
Matt,

Thanks so much for the prompt reply! Let me clarify something; the step I am interested in is the electrical one that you can install under the doors on the cab. Open the door and they swing down, close the door, they swing up. I think they may be strong enough to act a bit like a slider. Nothing you would want to lean the entire weight of the vehicle on. Just something to push sagebrush, etc., aside.

Got it! I understand now. Yes, those steps are made by Amp Research and this truck already has them installed. If you click on the google link below, it will take you to the photo of the steps in the down position.

Off-Grid Engineering

Supporting Sponsor
Is there storage under the bed similar to the FWC's?

There is not. Instead, you can fit all the bedding in the world up there and not worry about roof clearance. I've had many FWC's in my life and I far prefer this setup. I have an anti-condensation mat under the mattress, a mattress topper, four pillows, a full set of sheets, and a huge duvet with down comforter on the bed at all times... and I can still fit my duffle bag, dirty clothes bag, and other soft items up there while the roof is down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues