** SOLD ** 2022 Ford F250 Tremor "Expedition Vehicle" with flatbed, storage, and Supertramp Camper for sale

DTAdventure

Please excuse me if my "knuckleheaded" question is offending or inappropriate...

Why build the truck, then sell it?

Are you in a cash "bind"?

Or do you think you can build "turnkey" adventure rigs then sell them for a profit??? :ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Valid question. I built this with a specific use case in mind. But the more trips I took, the more I realized that this was not working for me as planned. I have a remote job, and my plan is to travel to some cool places, set up camp, and work from there. Rinse and repeat and slowly explore the entire US, Canada, and eventually go down the Pan American.

And that is where I am failing. I need a bit more space to be able to be productive. I can work from the camper, but how I work and what I need for a productive work environment is challenging to accomplish. I need a large monitor as an example, and it is challenging to get a workspace created in the Supertramp that can accommodate that. I also run a side business that I work on at night. So, several times a day I have to shift everything around and either set up the workspace or take it down. I work in IT and also get the occasional off-hours requests, and you know what that means. If one only works on a laptop, then this is fine and easy, but with my needs, it is significantly more challenging. Do-able but very challenging. And that is the reason I am selling. Cutting my losses and starting over.

The rig does what it was built for. It goes to remote places where you would not expect a Ford Super Duty with a camper on the back.

DTAdventure

Thanks for the reply! It looks like you did an excellent thorough job and I was curious as to why a person would build such a beautiful rig then turn around an sell it.

Now it makes perfect sense. My wife and our one big dog (it used to be 2) spend long periods of time camping on remote Baja beaches in our F700 4x4 and I've tried to do CAD work on a laptop. Even in a bigger camper it can be "awkward", so I understand your plight.

One thing I did (though wouldn't advise it on a newer truck) was to turn the passenger side of the cab into my "truck office".

View attachment 816925
That looks quite interesting what you build. I thought about that at one point, but my new rig will have the appropriate space and a custom monitor mount, too.

extremer

That looks quite interesting what you build. I thought about that at one point, but my new rig will have the appropriate space and a custom monitor mount, too.
Glad I caught this because I am in a similar situation needing multiple monitor setup for work and trying to make sure I don't get something too cramped to both work and play. I was leaning towards a Nimbl or similar....What are you thinking the ideal vehicle is for you going forward?

DTAdventure

Any idea of the total GVW wet or dry or have you added up the payload.
I have not taken it to a scale, but it should be within the GVWR of this vehicle, but probably not far under either. The F250 Tremor is technically a F350 and has the axle of the F350, so should be all good.

DTAdventure

After some additional inquiries and discussions with some friends about it, I decided that I will consider selling the truck and the camper separately as well. So, if you are interested in just the truck, but not the camper or vice versa – please listen up.

Sales Price Truck only: $115,000
Sale Price Camper only: $80,000

To give you a better understanding of how I came up with these prices, please read on.

I invested over $241,000 to build this rig. There is probably more, but this brings it down to what you see today minus some things that I swapped and did not put into the calculation or maybe my own man hours/labor that I put in.

If you would try to build out a Supertramp camper to be exactly like mine, you would have to spend over $91,000. If you would like to get a F250 Super Duty Tremor and convert it to what you see today, you would have to spend over $149,000. Again, this does not include my own labor or items that I swapped along the way. The entire build reflects an investment of over $241,000.

I am not saying that is what this is worth, but considering that this is a depreciating asset a current value of $195,000 seems fair and would get you an expedition vehicle that is ready to go to conquer the world.

Please contact me at 303-525-5059 or netservicesusa@gmail.com if you are interested in either the camper or the truck. Ideally, please text me first before calling so that we can work out a good time to talk.

PS: The upper storage boxes on the flatbed are from Mule Expedition and were specifically designed to fit Four Wheel Campers slide-in campers. So, the truck should be just fine to carry FWC and most likely other campers as well. It is up to the buyer to verify. I'd be happy to provide whatever measurements you need.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater