SOLD.... Mitsubishi Delica L400 4x4 Expedition Van for sale $12,500

delica1994

Thanks for the pics!

Hey like what you are doing with it Matt! I took 5 years with a lot of traveling in between to get mine to the place it is now. With a lot of changes along the way. I think i redid the front bumper 3 different times before arriving at the current design. I always wanted to improve things and make it better as i thought of more efficient and stronger and lighter ways to implement the job at hand. The interior was redone about the same amount of times as i reworked how it functioned to something better too.

96Delica

Adventurer
One day when I have a proper place to do metal work I'll build a bumper. I just picked up an ARB fridge off Kijiji, just have to figure out where I want it! A two battery system is in the cards for the future one day as well. Do you have dual batteries under the hood and an extra in the back?

delica1994

One day when I have a proper place to do metal work I'll build a bumper. I just picked up an ARB fridge off Kijiji, just have to figure out where I want it! A two battery system is in the cards for the future one day as well. Do you have dual batteries under the hood and an extra in the back?

Yes i have 2 batteries under the hood. Originally it only had one under the hood. The i bought a deep cell battery for behind the fridge combined with a 100 watt "Renology" solar cell. I sealed the internal battery and vented to the roof for the acid fumes that ensue While charging. The solar cell kept up with the needs of the Engle fridge keeping the Batteries @ 13. 2 volts consistently. So i never had to worry about dead batteries as a result.
See photos below:

20141014_163248_resize.jpg

20141014_162911_resize.jpg

20141014_162937_resize.jpg

20141014_162945_resize.jpg

96Delica

Adventurer
Ok so it seems you've built what I'm aiming for. I also have a single under the hood and am looking to convert it to dual. I was hoping to be able to use it as a dual battery system so I could get away without having one inside. I'm just not sure if one smaller battery is up to the task of turning over the engine. Another problem is the extreme lack of room for accessory wiring under the hood.

Sorry for turning this into a build thread, I hope you sell it soon, but not before I glean more info from you!

delica1994

Ok so it seems you've built what I'm aiming for. I also have a single under the hood and am looking to convert it to dual. I was hoping to be able to use it as a dual battery system so I could get away without having one inside. I'm just not sure if one smaller battery is up to the task of turning over the engine. Another problem is the extreme lack of room for accessory wiring under the hood.

Sorry for turning this into a build thread, I hope you sell it soon, but not before I glean more info from you!

I have 2 batteries under the hood now after buying the double battery platform (see photos), plus the internal battery. I have to say the wiring under the hood wasn't a huge problem. Which included the wiring to the winch in the front, plus very heavy gauge wire( welding cable ) to the rear bumper to plug the winch into the rear receiver in order to be able to winch backwards if need be.

20141014_162419_resize.jpg

20141014_162526_resize.jpg

delica1994

Did you buy the dual battery wiring harness too? All that looks stock, nice work!

Bought the whole set up from CCAutos.ca . They buy a lot of Delicas that were written off. So lots of good used parts. They will ship to anywhere if you need something.
P.S. Looks like my Deli Sold. but i haven't received the cash in hand yet, so i still have my fingers crossed.

96Delica

Adventurer
Ahhhh yeah they're a good bunch of guys. I'm in Vancouver for a few days, it's fun seeing Delica's everywhere!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl