SOLD: Overland Trailer with Rooftop Tent, Kitchen, & Solar

boonedoggle

I am selling a modified late 40’s WWII Jeep Bantam trailer with custom cover and rack. The rack adjusts up another 2-ft to get the tent further up and provide more room in the “basement”. The tent is a CVT Mt. Rainier (equiv. to current CVT Pioneer 72”) with annex included. The mattress includes a 3-inch foam mattress with 1.5-inch memory foam topper. We’ve tried air mattresses with success for years but this memory over foam is the best. The black tent cover was replaced Spring 2021 with a larger cover that allows for four sleeping bags to be stored inside and easier zipper closure.

As a family of four we’ve thoroughly enjoyed this trailer on trips to Montana, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Missouri, and Arkansas. This thing tracks behind a 5th Gen 4Runner with ease. My kids nicknamed it Russell from the movie Up, as it’s always there behind us bouncing along the trail without any issue. It’s made it with ease along the entire Rim Rocker Trail, Cinnamon Pass, and Medano Pass. As the years have passed, we’re moving on to other means of travel and hope to pass this one along for a new chapter with another owner.

Electrical:
  • 235 ah battery bank
  • 100watt solar panel w/50ft cable
  • Trimetic 2030 solar controller
  • two-12v jacks
  • LED front and rear spotlights on all four tent corners
  • LED rock lights to see around camp at night w/out being blinded
  • Electrical components and extra storage in front cargo box
Creature Comforts:
  • Slide out deck with kitchnette and dry-storage
  • Kitchenette includes drawers and nooks for diches, cutlery, pots, pans, stove, towels, trash bags, etc.
  • Flip top stove compartment that doubles as additional counter space
  • Fire extinguisher
  • Slide out storage fits propane, water, and firewood, plus additional room, at all once
  • Two Army green gas jerry cans
  • Special bar mounts and quick fists keep the shovel mounted
  • The best bottle opener ever; this is really the sale of a bottle opener that comes with a trailer.
Mechanical/Suspension:
  • stabilizer jacks on all four corners with strategically bubble levels
  • New springs and bushings in 2014
  • New shocks in 2021
  • 3,500-pound axel with bearing buddies for easy lube
  • hubs are 5 on 5 bolt patter matching Jeep
  • Includes spare tire
  • Includes tongue disconnect with Lock N Roll fully articulating hitch
I had originally included the 23Zero 180-degree Peregrine until my wife said it wasn't for sale so I've reduced the price to reflect taking it off the listing. The recovery boards are also not included.

I’m located in Lincoln, Nebraska but often frequent Northwest Arkansas. With a deposit, depending on the location, I may be willing to meet part way to deliver. Nebraska doesn’t require a trailer title; however, I can get it titled if you're in a state requiring it. It has been titled in California and Washington in the past. I'm asking $7,400 $6,250 or best offer.

20220403_164415.jpg

20210602_152053-small.jpg

Last edited:

boonedoggle

I've revised the listing for clarity. The awning and recovery boards are not included anymore, per the wife's request. The lower price reflects this.

boonedoggle

If memory serves me right it's just under 2,000 lb. The trailer is 1,485 lb plus the tent and extras. The weight is balanced such that I move it around by hand without needing a vehicle.

It has been titled in California and Washington by previous owners. It currently does not have a title because Nebraska doesn't issue them. That being said, I can get paperwork so it can be titled in another state.

boonedoggle

It does not have a hitch on the back. I've thought about putting one on but it would interfere with the stabilizers and require quite a bit of engineering to secure it sufficiently to the frame.

Two options I've considered in the past is to 1) use a swing arm such as the Rigd Supply between the vehicle and trailer, and 2) relocate the battery and electronics to inside the trailer so that bike racks can be mounted just in front of the trailer box. The space could likely fit 3 bikes.

20230607_191512.jpg

boonedoggle

Attached are a few more detailed photos taken yesterday with the tent rack extended up. The solar panel slides underneath the track attached on top of the box lid. Traction boards attach to the top of this same track towards the front. There was a cargo rack originally installed on the rack as well to hold wood, chairs, etc. but we wanted to be able to raise the lid while the tent rack was lowered so we removed it.

I'm also throwing in various spare parts and tooks I've used over the years: wheel grease gun and tubes, nipples/connectors for the gas struts, tent stakes for the annex, extra trailer hitch pins, various tie-down parts, bearings for the slide-out, etc.

20230607_191203.jpg

20230607_191211.jpg

20230607_190408.jpg
20230607_190506.jpg

20230607_190752.jpg
20230607_190939.jpg
20230607_190923.jpg

boonedoggle

The original post was updated to reflect that the black tent cover was replaced Spring 2021 with a larger model to allow for 4 sleeping bags to be stored in the tent and easier zipper closure.

boonedoggle

There's a strong chance I can pull this to Steamboat Springs, CO the week of July 1 through July 7 for those interested in Colorado.

I'll also have this in Northwest Arkansas from July 9 through early August for those interested in the Ozarks area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach