SOLD - So. Cal 5x11 Escape Off Road Tear Drop

Bellpilot

Observer
Hello Overlanders:
The TD has been sold. A big thanks goes to Expedition Portal:)
This is hard to do but my lifestyle has changed and I must part with my SOCAL 5x11 Escape TEARDROP 4x4 Off Road Model (largest model So. Cal produces - SPECIAL ORDER ONLY). It was completed in May 2018 and it has been stored in my climate controlled hangar. This Tear Drop is one of SoCal's best equipped models they have produced. Nothing was spared! This TD has the extended cage, shower, marine water heater (heavy duty used on boats,yachts), detachable sink, roof rack, 2 AGM batteries, Renogy 100 watt solar panel, Scipio Awning & Annex, custom cabinets, 30 gallon water tank w/electric pump/spray nozzle and dozens of other items. Everything is custom. TD used only on one trip.

I'm located in Phoenix, AZ. Selling price: $30,000 (lowered 06/20/19) USD (To recreate my build w/So Cal TD: $42,000 PLUS your tires & wheels, then add your states tax & license to the amount ). Will take bank certified check - please NO TRADES OR FINANCING.
Email: bellpilot7@gmail.com

Thanks for looking.
Specs:
511 “XS” - Special Order Only.
Front Jack Wheel - Pneumatic
Extended tongue, provides space and mount locations for front storage box, gas can holders, etc.
Mulit-axis “Max” Coupler
Diamond Deck Floor on Tongue
Expended Metal Cage w/ Locking Lid
Front Storage Box
Rear Bump Rails
Off-Road/Spare Tire Holder/Tubular Fender Mount (Passenger side)
Rear Stabilizer (1)
Tube Style Fenders (35” tires or larger) off-road only
14”x14” Vent/Fan
Group 31 AGM Battery with Aluminum Battery Tray (Replaces standard 8AH deep cycle lead acid)
Additional Group 31 AGM Battery with aluminum battery tray
12V Panel Meter – installed in radio panel
Doc Watson Battery Monitor
Interior LED light fixtures. Includes white/red interior dome light & galley mounted bar fixture
LED Porch Lights
LED Ground Lights
Reading Lights – Gooseneck style (2)
12v Exterior Outlet (For Solar)
USB Port
Renogy Solar Panel 100 watt Briefcase – includes 30A controller
Marine Interior Cabinetry – interior cabinets include doors and latches
Flip Down Bedside Shelves (2)
Off-Road Full Galley Upgrade – with 5 drawers and lengthwise fridge space
Teat-Tote Organizer
Bungee Curtain Holders (1 pair)
10lb. LP tank and aluminum mount. Installed on ext. side wall (One mounted inside front cage)
LP Tank Cage/Tubular
Diamond Deck Rock Guard – Front
Under Mattress Storage
ARB 50qt Fridge – Aluminum Tray with Locking Slide
30 Gallon Water Tank 2/Electric Pump – Sagiv Valve (twin 15 gal. tanks w/ crossover valve”
Water Heater Side Mounted in lockable Aluminum Box
Detachable Aluminum Sink – Side Mounted (Store in pass thru)
Roof Basket with w/Towers, SS Roof Rack Brackets and cutout for 14”x14” vent fan
Scipio Awning
Scipio Annex (3 walls with 1 window)
Ladder – Side Mount/Black
Mac Tie Down Option – includes 2 rails at 32” each and 4 rings
Under Mattress Matting for condensation
Clean Waste Porta Potty
Kitchen Sprayer for use with Hot Water Heater
Mount Fire Extinguisher Mount (mount supplied by SCT) to Front Box, in Front Cage
Firm Mattress short with extra cushion in storage space
Wheel Adapters
Lugnuts
Customer Supplied Jerry Cans Mounted in Front Cage
Hi-Lift Jack 48” (Customer Supplied) Mounted on Outside Rails of Roof Basket

Attachments

• TD 13.jpg
    TD 13.jpg
    665.4 KB · Views: 436
  • TD 12.jpg
    TD 12.jpg
    441.2 KB · Views: 408
Last edited:

Bellpilot

Observer
Recent trip to Pagosa Springs, CO.
Did not use the awning, which has the "apartment" capability, if needed.
Hope you enjoy the pictures & looks better in the field:)
Any questions, please PM or email me: bellpilot7@gmail.com

Attachments

• Tear 1.jpg
    Tear 1.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 520
  • Tear 2.jpg
    Tear 2.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 497
  • Tear 3.jpg
    Tear 3.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 504
  • Tear 4.jpg
    Tear 4.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 492
  • Tear 5.jpg
    Tear 5.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 506
  • Tear 6.jpg
    Tear 6.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 491

gardad

Nice trailer! How long is the bed? Are there cabinets over your feet when you sleep? If so, what is the distance from the top of mattress to bottom of cabinet at your feet when sleeping? I'm trying to figure out if I can have a dog or two sleep at our feet...I'm about 6'2" tall and would travel with my wife and dog or two.... I had a Little Guy Rough Ryder in past and cabinet at feet was an issue for us. Thanks

Bellpilot

Observer
Hello Gardad,
The bed is 90" in length (an additional 12" or so of usable space/area is available past the bed mattress - total is 102"). The width is 59". It has a 4" memory foam mattress - extremely comfortable. At the end, where the mattress is located there are two levels of cabinets. The first level which I call the cubby holes is 16" from top of mattress to bottom of the cabinets. Then there is second level about 8" further back (where you can store shoes, jackets, books, etc.) that is 11" from top of mattress to bottom of cabinetry. There is an additional open space from the end of the mattress to the back that is an additional storage area. I'm 6'3" and what you call a "beefeater", my wife is 5'11" and we have PLENTY of room in the trailer without hitting anything.
My trailer is the largest model So. Cal TD produces. It was "special order". Custom chassis, leaf springs & shocks for off road fun. It is built like a tank, for serious use in the "off grid" arena.

I hope this information helps...

Last edited:

Bellpilot

Observer
Good question - It has the 14" fan which can direct airflow either in or out. the TearDrop stays surprisingly cool in hot weather. When the windows are open (screens keep out the buggies) it is very comfortable. Other than natural cooling and the fan no other form of air conditioning. In regard to heating, SoCal TearDrops are made to last and with a 4" memory foam mattress and one's use of a sleeping bag or sheets and a blanket you can stay very warm & cozy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven