SOLD! WORLD OVERLAND EXPEDITION CAMPER

chrisfoster

WORLD OVERLAND EXPEDITION FOUR-WHEEL-DRIVE CAMPER

Expedition Portal Early Preview to Bring a Trailer: I am posting this on Expedition Portal and Craigslist as a preview to it going on Bring a Trailer (BAT). There is no price listed as it will be an auction and I simply wanted to provide a preview as BAT auction lasts only 7 days. I will update this posting once I know the date the auction will start.

Brief Overview: This is a very unique, custom-built four-wheel-drive expedition camper for the buyer who wants the specialized options this expedition camper has to offer. This is a turn-key expedition camper, with everything included to start your tour to anywhere in the world, on or off-road! It is a fully-maintained, low-mileage, camper ready-to-roll. There are detailed pictures and descriptions that will help to understand all of the features packed into this expedition camper. I personally supervised the selection of the basis truck and building of this expedition camper, from start to finish, visiting the construction workshop several times in Europe. The design and construction were planned and supervised by university-educated engineers trained in vehicle design, construction, and final assembly. Additionally, I personally imported the camper to meet all United States Customs, DOT, and EPA requirements and I have all of the documentation.

Overview of Truck: The camper is built on a MAN truck chassis, with the following specifications listed below; separate areas for the truck and the camper section. The truck was originally selected for the renowned MAN truck quality, very high-quality maintenance by the municipal fire department during its life, as well as low number of kilometers/miles at approximately 19,300 at this time. This year range of MAN trucks is considered to be of higher quality than Mercedes, Scania, and Volvo, yet being a very simple truck without advanced electronics to provide a solid, and reliable, foundation worldwide.

Full Text Overview of World Expedition Camper: https://docs.google.com/document/d/...ouid=116735649589842381464&rtpof=true&sd=true

Full Set of Pictures: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Hau7IiFv3cWSfpgXt458KY_PmIW-5TFK?usp=sharing

Link for Full Video Exploration of the Camper:
Overview of Camper/Box: The camper is built of steel and skinned with aluminum. The camper is less than two-years old with 10-14 nights camping. It is professionally designed, engineered, and constructed with many, unique features that make full-time living, or simply a weekend, all very possible.

Overview of Outside of Camper/Truck: Many custom features complement that camper for storage, fuel capacity, clean water capacity, carrying equipment, loading 2 -3 motorcycles, and outside living complementing the inside features.

Overview of Unique Features: This expedition camper is set-apart from many expedition campers in this class with many customer features listed below.

Common Questions: I have listed some additional information that I believe will be helpful.

Licensing and Documentation: The expedition camper has been fully cleared through United States Customs, DOT, EPA, and all duties, bonds, and fees fully paid and documented. It is 100% owned by me and will come with a Bill of Sale and title from Poland. You are welcome to register it in any state you would like with the Bill of Sale and all supporting importation information. If you feel more comfortable having me register it in the USA first, then I can do for you with a Montana title. I can complete this entire process for an additional $1000 and will take three to six weeks, depending on the Montana DMV back-log.

Driver’s License Requirement: I am in California and there is no specialized license for any two-wheel camper, except in some states there is an air-brake written test. Please check the requirements of your own state.

Insurance: There are plenty of places that insure specialized campers, regardless of manufacturer. I easily insured this with one phone call, for the stated value, with my regular motorcycle/car insurance company.

Parts and Servicing in North America: MAN has several locations for factory servicing in the United States. I have included the URL here for review: https://settlement.man.eu/settlement/public/client/index.html Also, this is a very low-mileage vehicle that is stated to be able to run over one million miles before an engine or transmission rebuild. This distance should last you the rest of your life. When you need general service for regular maintenance, most regular truck repair facilities should be able to provide this easily. Many spare maintenance parts are included with the truck and spares can be easily ordered.

Maintenance: All maintenance is fully up-to-date. Extra engine oil, transmission oil, windshield washer fluid, etc. are all included with the camper. In regard to the truck, all filters, fluids, belts, hoses, etc. have all recently been updated. There is no back-log of maintenance.

Spare Parts: I have the following items that are brand-new, in factory cartons, including: starter, alternator, driveline bearings, turbo charger, air filter for snorkel, oil filters, water filters, gaskets, off-road light covers, etc. This is in excess of $10,000 in future parts, creating a back-up during your travels.

Operations Manuals: All the of appliances, radios, toilets, etc. have the corresponding owner’s manuals with the, often in multiple languages.

Inspection: The expedition camper is completely available for personal inspection in San Diego County from you and/or the mechanic of your choice. All systems are fully functioning 100% and I am confident you will appreciate the quality and uniqueness of this expedition camper. Please be prudent in scheduling an inspection available only to serious potential buyers to value and respect your time and mine.

Reason Selling: I am selling as I bought another, very similar, expedition camper and it is already staged in South America for a coming trip once summer arrives in South America in a few months. Two, similar campers, is simply not in my personal plan at this time. To be clear while bidding, this is not an emergency sale.

Value of the Camper: What is it worth? You will need to determine this as there is no Kelley Blue Book on this sort of high-quality expedition camper. Please compare to other similar expedition campers with these features, including the custom expedition companies in the United States. So that you get an idea of taking on something like this , my investment was this: searching for the base vehicle in great condition with very little mileage – this took a few years and several in-person trips to source the right truck; expert mechanical engineering on the truck and camper build; engineering of the electrical systems, including 110-220 volts; design and engineering of the camper and the driving cabin; labor for the entire project of two to four men for almost 16 months; maintenance on the truck to be brought current before the sale; re-undercoating of the camper prior to shipping across the Atlantic Ocean for safety with ocean environment; transportation from Europe to the USA; all importation fees, bonds, duties, documentation, etc. fully paid; trips back and forth to Europe during the build process several times; and the intangible time to make this all happen. There were literally thousands of decisions to make, with expert advice, to get to this place with a completed, well-functioning world expedition camper. Think about what goes into something like this prior to bidding as it is more than a 1-ton truck with a slide-in camper installed on the back. This is truly a world expedition vehicle without limitations. In the end, anything sells for what it is worth – I understand this and know that it needs the correct match between the person who buys this as to their specific needs.

Accuracy in Listing: I have done my best to accurately represent this unique camper to my best ability. Please ask any questions if you are a serious buyer, prepared to buy it.

Location of Camper: San Diego County, California.

Contact: Please only contact me about the camper and not the builder to respect my ownership and his task as the builder. I am here to answer all your questions, simply ask.

Due-Diligence: Please do your due-diligence to determine if this is the correct expedition vehicle for you and your needs. I am here to answer any and all questions as they come available. My hope is that this introductory text information, matched with the extensive pictures, will provide a starting point for you to consider bidding on this camper. Good luck with the bidding and be ready to explore the world if you win this incredible world expedition camper!

Attachments

• 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 493
  • 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 503
  • 8.jpeg
    8.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 478
  • 9.jpeg
    9.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 463
  • 20.jpeg
    20.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 468
  • 21.jpeg
    21.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 467
  • 22.jpeg
    22.jpeg
    244.5 KB · Views: 452
  • 23.jpeg
    23.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 449
  • 24.jpeg
    24.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 423
I am preparing all the documents prior to moving it to auction. I felt it important to have the title and registration events completely finished prior to starting the auction and I am awaiting final processing. I appreciate your patience and will post the auction link as soon as everything is finalized. Chris.

NOW FOR SALE: I have decided to sell the expedition camper at a fixed-price, versus an auction to keep this process more simple for the buyer. The camper is now listed for sale at $475,000 OBO, including all accessories and equipment (outside tables, chairs, $10,000 of spare parts, wheel chocks, gloves, jack for tire changing, tools, dishes, engine oil, transmission oil, etc.). Some changes since I first posted this a few days ago on Craigslist is that the camper is now fully imported and comes with a clear title and registration in the USA. Here is the updated Craigslist Link. TONS of pictures in the CL ad at the end. https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/d/encinitas-world-overland-expedition/7463738414.html. Also, here are some updated pictures.
Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 15.11.22.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 15.13.41.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 15.13.41.png
    4 MB · Views: 239
  • Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 15.13.12.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 15.13.12.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 253
  • Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 15.12.59.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 15.12.59.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 256
  • Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 15.12.32.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 15.12.32.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 242
  • Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 15.12.20.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 15.12.20.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 241
  • Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 15.12.11.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 15.12.11.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 243
  • Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 15.11.22.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 15.11.22.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 233
Update: The overland vehicle is now 100% fully imported (DOT, EPA, Customs) and is now registered and titled in the US -- complete with permanent title from Montana allowing you to register it in the state of your choice.

A few questions on the space on the rooftop deck. It is fairly large and you could easily put a rooftop tent on top, especially if some of the solar panels were relocated.

Responding to the questions about adding a roof tent. Yes, this is very possible. I believe a smaller one can be added without any reconfiguration. If the solar is moved a bit, and put together, a much larger footprint could be had. Lots of available room on the top deck. I trust this helps.
Screen Shot 2022-03-26 at 13.00.42.jpeg

Screen Shot 2022-03-26 at 13.00.31.jpeg

chrisfoster

A few questions on the capacity of the rear rack. It is VERY robust and designed from the start with the internal frame of the camper. It is rated over 1 metric ton (2200 pounds) and can be configured up to carry up to three motorcycles. The lower rack is accessed from an electric left that lowers to the ground level. Very easy, safe, and robust.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-26 at 12.59.28.jpeg
    Screen Shot 2022-03-26 at 12.59.28.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 119
  • Screen Shot 2022-03-26 at 12.59.38.jpeg
    Screen Shot 2022-03-26 at 12.59.38.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 107
  • Screen Shot 2022-03-26 at 12.58.26.jpeg
    Screen Shot 2022-03-26 at 12.58.26.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 123

frans

Adventurer
Hi
Looks like a great truck!
Can you/will you supply pictures of the main sleeping area with bed deployed?
Thank you
Frans

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal