Sound Deadening Options?

corax

Explorer
I've bee thinking of doing this on my LJ windshield frame, but am nervous about it expanding too much and causing damage. Any advice to offer on how you did this. Did ou just use great stuff?

You might want to rethink that - any condensation will be trapped by the foam and lead to accelerated rust formation.

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
I've bee thinking of doing this on my LJ windshield frame, but am nervous about it expanding too much and causing damage. Any advice to offer on how you did this. Did ou just use great stuff?

There are two kinds of this expanding foam. Use the one that says its for windows and doors. It wont push out hydraulically like the SUPER stuff that keeps expanding no matter what.

I foolishly did this in our interior camper walls to better insulate and deaden the sound. I figured I'd use the SUPER Expanding stuff so I wouldnt have to use as much. It expanded so much, it bowed the entire wall out. Luckily I didnt tell the wife I was doing it till after I was finished. I did the rest of the walls with the Window and door style and it worked great.

I'm not recommended it around metal parts because it might trap condensation, but interior stuff it works great

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven