Stock look switches for late-model Tacoma

Big_Geek

Drop Bear
If you are looking to keep the stock look in your Tacoma (mine is 2013) when you add electrical accessories, but all of your switch locations on your dash are already populated, Slee Offroad is selling the smaller switches that fit in the center portion of the dash and look stock. They don't have them on their website yet, but will still sell them. They are fairly reasonably priced as well - I paid about $27 out the door (no shipping).

Big_Geek

Drop Bear
Amory told me they can get them with several different graphics on the switch face as well. I'll post a pic once I get it installed, but it will be a while before that happens.

Big_Geek

Drop Bear
Here are some more pictures of the switches, plus some info on a mod I performed that I think really helps keep the stock look with these switches.

Here is the finished product with flash so you can see how they compare to the OEM ATRAC switch:

image.jpg

Zoomed out to give you a better view of the entire center part of the dash:

image.jpg

Here is the night view with the lights (illumination) on, but the switch is turned off:

image.jpg

You can see that even after my mod, the colors and intensity do not match OEM exactly, but it's MUCH closer than the way Slee gets them. Here they are side-by-side showing after the mod on the left and before the mod on the right:

image.jpg

Here is how the switch breaks down:

image.jpg

Here is a close-up of the PCB part of the switch:

image.jpg

To make the illumination of the switch at night look closer to stock, remove the clear LED (I used de-soldering braid) and install a standard green LED. I picked a few up from Radio Shack. The longer lead of the LED goes to the outside hole. I also had to file down the lip of the LED to get everything to go back together and operate smoothly.

Btw, installing switches into this part of the dash is a PITA. It took hours and I basically could have change out the ECU with less effort. You have been warned. In my case, I had no other blanks for additional switches, so this was my best option.

RacecarGuy

Nice. I just got one of these switches from Slee and plan on installing it soon. Might have to mod it like you did prior to install.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh00333