STUPID IDEA

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Now, if you were six years old, would you get in this van to find a puppy?

vision_x_overland_expo_142-jpg.832556
I would expect Tango and Cash to be in that van.

Vision_X_Overland_Expo_142.jpg

hqphf3yo1pb31.jpg

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
GMC!

Engine was moved to mid frame for the jumps by making a door in the bed exactly opposite the fuel filler door, sliding the engine in there, right behind the cab. That way it wasnt nose-diving hard right off the ramp
Yep! In the pic I posted you can see the engine hanging mid ship.

tencentlife

As someone already said upthread, maybe you haven't seen that many vans lately. I'm an accessories manufacturer/vendor in the T3/Vanagon market, and a lot of the owners like to festoon their rigs with way too much stuff, on top, on the front, hanging foolishly heavy and bulky loads off the rear, and tools, water and fuel jugs, jacks, ladders, road showers, etc. off the sides. Mainly left side since the sliding door on right needs room to open, but lower profile gear can even fit there as well.

A couple outfits market sheet aluminum panels that take the place of the rear side window glass, some with out-spaced metal grids for strapping to, or else the panel gets drilled thru to attach gear mounts. It actually gets pretty insane to my eye, definitely takes the gas mileage down, and of course they complain how underpowered the thing is when they're carting 1200# of largely unneeded stuff, even after they paid some shop $20k-plus for an engine conversion.

I like my rig simple and clean on the outside. It was a real stretch for me to knuckle under to an awning over the sliding door. I travel on the road like I travel with a backpack: if it doesn't fit comfortably inside, it doesn't go. I carry a 48" Hi-lift which normally stows in the back, and only gets put on the mount I built on the front when I'll be using the back for camping, otherwise I put it back inside, I don't need to broadcast my bad-assness in the grocery store parking lot.

So look around a little more, I think you'll see what I'm talking about. Maybe it's just the part of the country you're in, out here in the intermountain west lots of van rigs are sporting a lot of sidegear.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
So many memories watching that video. Did you watch the greatest American hero? That is another that brings back memories. Also Convoy!!!!
Those two don't ring a bell... I think my old TV list consisted of:

Dukes of Hazzard
Rockford Files
Airwolf
A-Team
Fall Guy
Simon & Simon
Knight Rider
The Highway Man

Anything really where there was a cool vehicle, lol

Well, and of course who didn't love this show:

d68BqE.gif