Subaru BRAT "am I crazy"

Ranchero

Wanderer
Sweet! Go for it. I've been thinking of picking up a Brat that has been sitting in an alley near me. I had an 82 GL wagon with a low range. I took that on some interesting trails.

steelheadbum

Adventurer
OK bought a 1983 Brat GL and will pick it up on Sunday, its not as clean as the others but for $900.00 its a steal! There is one on eBay right now that's a rust bucket that's at 2,500.00 already with a day left, figured that the 3k saved will go a long way towards the restoration, the passenger door has some bumps but there is no rust, needs a front bumper, the undercarriage is 95% rust free, it has the original 1.8 and 4 speed tranny that runs and shifts strong, factory 4wd hi/low not to mention some factory wheels that I have been told by members of USMB that are a rare find.
ugy3uneg.jpg

dysuje3e.jpg

serynuza.jpg

u9y6u9ug.jpg

baraqu9u.jpg

the only real rust problem but should be an easy fix
amy4uvy7.jpg

a7epyzyg.jpg

hysa6a9e.jpg

e9ymy9ur.jpg

needs a front bumper
vy7anemy.jpg

jugajyve.jpg

hyby2y9u.jpg

undercarriage is in great shape
ena5ebav.jpg

y9yhu2u5.jpg

edu9e9an.jpg

Engine bay looks great
edu7yze3.jpg

The interior is all there
ymagave8.jpg

2yvuguja.jpg

ysu7yte9.jpg

ny8a3ydy.jpg

Only 216k! Low miles for a subie!!:eek:
gu9u7y6a.jpg

Buck
The Redneck Mexican
2002 E350 7.3 PSD 4x4 8inch lift pop top conversion....

Last edited:

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Unless it was swapped in, the trans it has is a FOUR speed dual range. Not 5-speed.

I love the old EA81 Subarus

Ive got a garage queen 1984 GL

Sitting on a 2 inch lift, with a built high compression ea81 and a 5-speed dual range swap.

cleanedru.jpg

ea97.jpg

steelheadbum

Adventurer
I stand corrected 4 speed trans
Thanks
Buck

The Redneck Mexican

steelheadbum

Adventurer
I can pick up this 84 go wagon for 500.00 and it has brat running gear..
a4ysu6a6.jpg

should I buy it? Will the bumper on this fit the brat? Looks the same how about the grill?
Buck

The Redneck Mexican

steelheadbum

Adventurer
Well I'm a proud owner of 2 brats just picked up a clean 84 the seller contacted me after I had bought the 83, he asked if my offer was still good? Lol I said no "but" I would pay #$%&&:D. This has lots of factory options roll bar, brush guard, jump seats, flood lights and is rust free.
So here ya go
ba3a5y7e.jpg

hetaqygy.jpg

atape5ut.jpg

tybujyja.jpg

6ugugupy.jpg

qyjutyda.jpg

6y4adune.jpg

ebypy8y5.jpg

y3edubup.jpg

etu5unan.jpg

y5ateryt.jpg

vury6yra.jpg

the first one will be going to my father.
Buck
The Redneck Mexican

steelheadbum

Adventurer
I did not drive the new brat home! The seller failed to accurately describe the condition of it, he only sent me picks that did not show all the rust it had, in fact when I asked about rust he told me it had none! The bed was so bad he tried to cover it with herculiner. This is the CL ad

I have an amazing 1984 Subaru Brat for sale. I do not really need to sell it, just don't have much use for it any more. This is without a doubt one of the nicest brat still in existence! It runs amazing and has all of the classic accessories. It has the roll bar, bull bar, jump seats with seatbelts, flood lights, and removable t-tops. This car has been garage kept the entire time I have owned it and I have done very little work to it. It recently had the entire fuel system replaced and a new transmission put in. The car has about 190K miles on it but the dash reads over 300K because it was replaced by the previous owner who restores cars. I recently got an oil change and the mechanic said everything was in amazing condition for a 30 year old car. This is a great summer car but it also does awesome in the snow because it has 4wd both high and low gear.*

He was very upset even went as far as saying that we had a verbal agreement!
I even gave him 40.00 for meeting half way....
I wish people would accurately describe the condition of the vehicle they are selling, I always send pics of the problems and damage that a rig that I'm selling has to avoid this from happening.
Search goes on.....
Buck

The Redneck Mexican

Ranchero

Wanderer
Unless it was swapped in, the trans it has is a FOUR speed dual range. Not 5-speed.

I love the old EA81 Subarus

Ive got a garage queen 1984 GL

Sitting on a 2 inch lift, with a built high compression ea81 and a 5-speed dual range swap.

cleanedru.jpg

ea97.jpg

When you get tired of having that in your garage please let me know!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77