Surprised no one is discussing the Cybertruck today.

rruff

Explorer
It just looks idiotic to me and I honestly can't see a single use-case where this would be the 'truck' of choice - never in a million years would I consider buying one.
Most trucks are just big commuter cars... at least, that is how they are used. There has been an escalating arms race for bigger "everyday" vehicles in the US.

No BEV is viable for towing a big trailer long distances, but for hauling and offroading the Cybertruck would do fine.

I wouldn't buy it either, but I'd pick it over any other BEV truck. Much faster acceleration than any other truck, shorter turning radius (~18ft), probably better handling (wish they'd raced the Rivian on the track). The offroad prowess is unknown... but with 17" of ground clearance and 12" of wheel travel, I imagine it can be tweaked to your liking.

Last edited:

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Most trucks are just big commuter cars... at least, that is how they are used. There has been an escalating arms race for bigger "everyday" vehicles in the US.

No BEV is viable for towing a big trailer long distances, but for hauling and offroading the Cybertruck would do fine.

I wouldn't buy it either, but I'd pick it over any other BEV truck. Much faster acceleration than any other truck, shorter turning radius (~18ft), probably better handling (wish they'd raced the Rivian on the track). The offroad prowess is unknown... but with 17" of ground clearance and 12" of wheel travel, I imagine it can be tweaked to your liking.

I saw a video with the rivian and hummer and cybertruck. Cyber truck beat it by 2 car lengths in the quarter- but really it’s splitting hairs, I don’t need a truck that fast.

rruff

Explorer
Another bonus for the Cybertruck is better efficiency. 97 mpge, vs 70 for the Rivian, and 53 for the Hummer.

workerdrone

Part time fulltimer
Reserving judgement until I see one in person. I hear that's very different than any impression you get from the pictures.

Saw an embarassing video where it had a lot of trouble climbing what looked like a simple offroad slope, but thought it could easily have been traction control software that needs more work?

I don't have a problem with the pricing, the peformance could be really amazing.

And I like vehicles that are different from the cookie cutter usual offerings

04Ram2500Hemi

Observer
It just looks idiotic to me and I honestly can't see a single use-case where this would be the 'truck' of choice - never in a million years would I consider buying one.

All of that said, I found Cammisa's take on some of the new technologies pretty interesting and kinda hilarious, as per usual. Worth a watch, even if, like me, you think this is the dumbest thing on four wheels.

Top Gear did a nice review as well. I still have zero interest in the vehicle, but I appreciate the technology that went into the truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger