Suspension for F350 w/Alaskan

BFWF350

I have an F350 XL CC/LWB 6.2L with a Alaskan 8'. The truck and camper weigh are 4700 front axle and 5620 rear axle. I have been looking at a suspension upgrade. Carli only does diesel; BDS has some gasser and Icon seems like the obvious choice from what they say. Word that I have heard on the street is that BDS is really dialed in, Carli only does diesel and Icon has great marketing.

So- what are you guys using?

F-Man

Boz

Observer
Maybe give cjcoffroad a call before you write off Carli. I wouldn't say Carli only does diesel, I know their kits have been installed on plenty of gassers.

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
I have nearly the same rig, '14 F-350 6.2 gasser, CCSB and went with the Icon, and am very pleased. However, I did use the BDS radius arms for castor correction as I am not a fan of the castor correcting bushings- on any vehicle.

BFWF350

Talked to BDS and Carli.

BDS has some simple options to bring the front in up for gassers- but only for diesels if you want the whole suspension. Thanks for the idea on the radius arm. How is the ride off-road (wash-board, forest roads, BLM and such) at slow to 25 mph? I heard they are very good on street but, not so much off road? You have a camper on?

As for Carli- except for the the Ford long travel air bags- they claim they have nothing they would reccomend for me.

driller

old soul wanderer
I have a ram 2500 with 6.4 gas hemi and just installed the Bilstein B8-5162 level kit with matching rear shocks. I have a Northstar TC850SC on it with 35" tires. Really nice ride now. Front end is softer than stock, washboard roads are comfortable compared to stock, good control when off camber or when dropping into washes or over rough terrain. For the money it really changed how the truck works.20181215_122525.jpg

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
I am running Icon stage two, with rear airbags and cradles on my 2004 Chevy 2500 and outfitter Apex 8. I am happy with them, The Icons are expensive though, on my Chevy I could of gotten king 3 inch diameter with remote reservoirs for less. But the Icon kit, also did my A arms. I like it, and will eventually move to the stage 3 kit with remote reservoirs, although she does not really need it for the weekend outings. I also do a lot of towing and hauling. She is the 6.0, running 33's.

Last edited:

BFWF350

I am torn between just geeting good adjustable Fox shocks all around (possibly Kings) and just seeing how everything works out. Problem is there is no jumping to Stage 3 or greater without scraping your shocks- at least from what I have seen. But, spending the extra money and Ford has the "no Suspension mods" without voiding anything they can tie to it, warranty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach