Expedition Leader
Suzuki has released a few photos of a vehicle
they built for the 2007 Tokyo auto show

x-head-1a.jpg

It's about 12 feet long, 4x4, powered by a 1300cc
gas engine.

Chance of seeing it in USA is zero, but it's an
interesting concept. Sorta like a 3/4 scale version
of an old Dodge A100 or Jeep Forward Control.

Read more at the pickuptruck.com web site
http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/autoshows/tokyo2007/xhead.html

toyrunner95

Explorer
how much payload can it carry and what is its suspension design, i would totally buy one! have you guys seen the little farm trucks ill see if i can find a picture, i think they are a diahatsu.

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Those storage shelves integrated into the truck bed are genius. Why some of the "big" manufacturers haven't capitalized on that concept is beyond me.

The BN Guy

Expedition Leader
At first...no. Then once I started looking...well, maybe. Same thing I said about my Frontier CC when I saw them come out on the market.

Not sure I like the color though.

ZooJunkie

Explorer
Bigger pic.

Neat truck. I like one. Maybe not in that green, but a nice black or white one would be cool.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Hey, that front end makes it look like a "mini-'Mog!"

Very cool! I like it! With gas prices going the way they are I think this is a smart way to go - find a way to do more with less!

Now they need to come up with a convertible SUV version (by convertible I mean something similar in concept to the Chevy Avalanche - somthing that can go from a 4 passenger SUV to a pickup and back again.)

EDIT: A 1300cc gas engine from Suzuki? Sounds familiar. Could it be a version of the Hayabusa motor? Normally I wouldn't think of a motorcycle engine as being a good thing in a truck but maybe with the right tuning and transmission it could work.

Last edited:

wagner_joe

Adventurer
suzuzki's been running that engine forever. It's the 1.3 liter that was in the samurai (which I have in my yard) and in thier swift.. the 1.3 with dual overhead cams brought the best bang for buck.. About 31mpg on the hwy... Just couldn't go much faster than 70 on the downside...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal