Swag style tents?

Desertoutpost

Adventurer
If you are backpacking you might want to stay away from this one, it says it weighs 13 pounds! That is heavy, real heavy for the situation. I have packed in with a 3 season and slept very warm in just unders when outside temp was 10 degrees, it is a two man for me and my gear, which I reccomend, and weighs I think 3 pounds. Just my thoughts, I would rather trade that weight for other items.

outsidr

Adventurer
You're barking up the right tree though. If you want to see the ultimate version of this check out the Bibler single wall bivy tent. If you want something attainable, try to find a North Face Slick Rock. They are both super lightweight. Eureka copied the slick rock design and used slightly heavier material to make a really affordable model.

THe research is the fun part so I wont ruin it without an invitation.
Cheers,
Michael

snipecatcher

Adventurer
ok

Sorry I didn't specify weight, I thought about it after posting, but was too lazy to change it. I don't backpack, so weight isn't a concern, and heavier is actually better for me, as I figure heavy tarp material will hold up better to being thrown in the back of my truck. Also, it never gets very cold here in Texas, the coldest weather I could possibly use it in would be about 40 degrees. It would mostly be to throw out beside my truck, and sleep on the beach or at the ranch near the campfire. That plus the occasional camping trip to state parks around here and TTORA meets. The aussies seem to have them perfected, but the prices are a bit steep and shipping would be pretty expensive too.
-Dan

For your use, keep checking eBay for a better deal. Last year I picked up a brand new Coleman Peak 1 tent (similar design as your link) and Coleman Peak 1 backpacking stove for $30. My best eBay deal ever...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy