Swapping seat rails q's

NorthernWoodsman

Adventurer/tinkerer
Hi again everyone.

I'm attempting to swap the seat rails from my old 60/40 split bench over to my new-to-me SR5 bucket seats. The reason for the swap is because the rails on the bucket seats do not slide back as far as the slides on my 60/40. Being 6'3" I need all the extra leg room I can get.

I know that the rails are riveted and I read that they may also be tack welded. I removed one rivet and the rail did not budge. I am also planning on removing the side plastic and I'm gonna see if I can unbolt them.

Anyone have any experience with this? Anyone have a link to a write up swapping rails?

Was hoping to have them done before Thursday when I take a little road trip.

As always, thanks for your continued assistance in my frustrations.

slus

Adventurer
I don't know how the inside rails attach on bench seats, but my newer 4runner buckets had brackets that didn't go as far back. I unbolted them on either side of the cushon, and bolted my stock 84 rails on as one unit. I've never tried to drill out and reweld brackets, all the toyota trucks I have seen used the same or similar holes on the sides, but they have all been buckets.

NorthernWoodsman

Adventurer/tinkerer
I don't know how the inside rails attach on bench seats, but my newer 4runner buckets had brackets that didn't go as far back. I unbolted them on either side of the cushon, and bolted my stock 84 rails on as one unit. I've never tried to drill out and reweld brackets, all the toyota trucks I have seen used the same or similar holes on the sides, but they have all been buckets.

Interesting. Very interesting. It doesn't seem that I can just unbolt my brackets, but I'll be taking another look now. Thanks for the tip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk