Swing out tire carrier

The Joker

Getting ready to build a swing out tire carrier for my E-350. lets see some pictures of what everyone has on theirs.

PhillySMB

Most folks seem to have the one from Aluminess. I assume you’ve checked that out? Aren’t very many other options as far as I know. I have a basic door mounted carrier on my Sportsmobile, but I don’t see them available anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deserteagle56

Adventurer
One of my neighbors custom made my bumper/gas can/tire carrier some 11 years ago. I couldn't find a bumper on the market that would allow the rear doors to open fully so I had to go this route. Lots of storage in the bumper - if I had to do it over again I'd have the bumper a bit smaller. But it is quite heavy.

P1050920.jpgP1050395r.jpg

The design of the bumper and carriers allows me to open the doors fully and fit my Yamaha Kodiak inside so I don't have to pull a trailer.

P1070597r.jpg

Theshwed

I don't have any pictures of anything special. I intend to build my own but I haven't made the time to do it yet. My plan is to build a dual swing out for the van. One side will be a tire carrier to replace the Aluminess. I have been less than happy with that. The other side will be a swing out hitch receiver. Then there are options for adding bike racks, trays, etc. I do a lot of mountain biking and have a RakAttach for a few years not and it has been great, but it hangs low. I want to integrate it into the bumper. It could be useful for mounting accessories.

1586791593403.png

i bike

I’d like to see a blend of the Aluminess and the Wilco hitch gate. Permanently mounted to the vehicle, but with the ability to add accessories.

I think a basket over the tire for firewood and a Jerry can holder in the center of the tire would be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deserteagle56

Adventurer
Now, THAT is some pinstriping!!!

Hey, I bought that thing to use! If I have to jam it through tree limbs and tall brush to get where I want to go then that's what I do. It's all held up well under the abuse, though, except for the Bushwhacker flares. A couple of them are cracked from being shoved through brush.
P1080983er.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: WVI

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3