T100 questions

SC T100

Adventurer
Just get a 1st gen Tundra, no supercharger needed.

Well, while I am a die-hard T100 fan, there is some good logic in this if you want the same size truck with a V8 and a more modern suspension. Either truck is a good solid choice.

Arclight

SAR guy
Well, while I am a die-hard T100 fan, there is some good logic in this if you want the same size truck with a V8 and a more modern suspension. Either truck is a good solid choice.

I also have a supercharged T100, and I would agree that if you need the extra power, get the V8 Gen-1 Tundra. The Supercharger gets you plenty of pick-up, but you can start to exceed the cooling system's capacity if you use it sustained on a very long grade. Mine does not have the 7th injector, but my exhaust, intake, etc is stock and I have no go-fast parts other than the SC kit.

Arclight

Little_bear

I was just curious about the supercharger it sounds like more of a hassle than it's worth. I think the 3.4 will be enough power for me since I'm coming from a very under powered 22re lol

p nut

butter
I'm at elevation and have taken a N/A 3.4 and SC 3.4 up some of the mountain passes here. I'll say that SC makes the pulls up the mountain side much easier. Love hearing that whine, too. But N/A is more reliable and more than adequate to get you to where you're going.

Amphibeast

Adventurer
All this T100 talk makes me want to start beefing' up the Toy some more…… I have a 3" body lift, trimmed up the front fenders…. probably gonna slap in some BJ spacers up front and another 2" add a leaf in the rear… I have 35s on it now…. 37s are real cheap with the CL Mil tires on 16.5s. I have the long bed standard cab 3.4 with shell….. plenty of room to stretch out & camp! & YES… tons o room under the hood for all kinds of burrito heaters, batteries, air compressor…… I want to get a snorkel on it. The ARBs are still around $400 bucks….. Intake heads are only $20 on Amazon/Ebay…… Anyone know of any good DIYs for this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Design