Tailgate rack

Bennyhana

Adventurer
I like the strap idea but my one thing is what if you have a tire failure like a blow out or tread seperation? not a lot of tire to strap the stuff to when loaded. I know those failures are pretty rare nowadays but...

I'd be interested in just a strap on jerry can mount.

I did something like more of a receiver tube on top of the bumper. allows removable and has held up to 7-8 years of loading and being laid against a wall at Tellico. see attachedreceiver rack.jpg

Krytos

Adventurer
Any thoughts on where the price point of this thing would be?

I have already been conversing with a couple of you guys. If you can hold out I will get you guys some CAD drawings or some pics of some protos. I have this one almost ready, just sourcing the strap material and we are off to the races. It will have an upper basket, side baskets, mounts for Rotopaks, Powertank, whatever you want to put on it, and... you can take it off when you get home. And it doesn't rattle.... just let me know. And if you need info, I will get back to you. We are on jamb with 6 project for Moab, our Powerwagons, and our racks...

RKCWLER

Here are a few racks from from various jeep forums. I have been doing a lot of "homework" and have started making one that will incorporate a few ideas from these and more.

Bumper w_Rack02.jpg bumper7.jpg

bumpers 012.jpg garvinrearbumper1.jpg

Tireswing6.jpg

Last edited:

RKCWLER

Here is where I am at now.

IMG_3120 copy.JPG

IMG_3121 copy.JPG

I would like to re-mount the 3rd brake light.
I was thinking of making a new steel housing, rather than cutting down the OEM.

IMG_3129 copy.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy