Take it all with you.

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Cool, that brings back memories! Imagine going down the road at 55 MPH listening to "The Way We Were". Better yet, park it on the back row at the Drive-In to watch the Godfather II. That avocado green brings back memories of our VOLAR Army game room where you might check out the new issue of People magazine.

Patty Hearst may have partied in that thing, load up the 4-channel reel to reel with the Silve Fox pre-recorded tapes of Dionne Warwick, some ABBA, Bobby Vinton, Bob Dylan, Barry White or Dolly Parton, maybe some Jethro Tull, one of my favorites. Might just sit in there listening to NPR about President Nixon refusing to turn over his tapes.

To think that monster RV came out during a global recession, the first owner had to be pretty well off to sit in gas lines to fill that thirsty 391 gasser up. What did that thing sell for with an inflation rate of 11+%? That trailer is big enough to set up a projector to run the tape watching Ali do his Rope-a-Dope on George Forman in their Rumble in the Jungle.

I was in Germany in '74 and got a side trip to Cyprus when Turkey invaded, that rig is a bit too big for those European villages and towns. They had a '74 Toyota Chinook that came out that year at the PX in Heidelburg, there was a waiting list to get one, but I don't recall the price.

Campers were going micro due to gas prices and inflation. (And most of you though things are bad today, :ROFLMAO: !) But the class A's were still made, instead of that semi-camper you might get one of these;

1672246168887.png

OR,
1672246224136.png

OR,
1672246313813.png

my favorite in '74!

shortbus4x4

Expedition Leader
As a child of the 70s this makes me feel all warm and fuzzy, like I'm on the floor of our living room on avocado green shag carpeting building a fort on a winter day to have my grill cheese sandwich and tomato soup in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle