TC Teardrops

shack

Adventurer
I love my TC. I've taken it a lot of places offroad and its done quite well. I even bottomed out at the bottom of a very muddy Cisco Wash running the Kokopelli Trail and had to be winched out by the trailer and it did fantastic. Can't recommend them enough!

hscoots

Trying to resurrect this thread.

Been considering a teardrop. Moby 1s are cool, but a bit pricey. Little Guy Rough Rider also look like a decent package, but seem a bit expensive for what they are.

The TCs look affordable, durable, and simple...customizable...and no pesky internal plumbing to worry about.

I really see a teardrop as a way to setup a basecamp off the beaten path of rutted fire roads, so I really don't need an "offroad" version, but some extra clearance and solid construction would be ideal. They sell a "Ground Clearance Package" that seems like a decent idea instead of the super-duty "extreme offroad package."

Is it durable enough to walk on the roof or stand on the fenders?

Co-incidentally, their facebook page posted one with a rooftop tent earlier today. Look for TCTeardrops in Facebook. I think off road package is worth the money, bigger tires, beefier axle and trailer brakes, hitch receivers and lock n roll hitch.

Last edited:

shack

Adventurer
I'd also say that I'd have no hesitation whatsoever to walk on the roof of mine if needed. The regular fenders are just screwed onto the body, the larger ones are bolted on. I wouldn't trust either with my weight though. I had a set of removable sliders made for the front of mine, and can stand on those easily to access anything I need on top.

fike

Adventurer
Yep, it looks like the TC with the offroad package is the best value for someone who doesn't want built-in water. I personally think built-in water in a teardrop is a bit overkill, and creates some of the headaches of winterizing and dealing with pumps that can be notoriously flaky and leaks that can cause all kinds of hassles. What I need to decide is whether I could go for the 5x8 with the ground clearance package and the square fenders. That may allow me to get a decent sized tire in it that will match my Forester's slightly oversized setup with 28" diameter tires. It would be easy to overbuild the trailer to match a forester , but I want rugged because I am concerned about a lifetime of severely rutted fire roads with giant potholes. That sort of bouncing and flexing can ruin the structure if the frame flexes too much.

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
Yep, it looks like the TC with the offroad package is the best value for someone who doesn't want built-in water. I personally think built-in water in a teardrop is a bit overkill, and creates some of the headaches of winterizing and dealing with pumps that can be notoriously flaky and leaks that can cause all kinds of hassles. What I need to decide is whether I could go for the 5x8 with the ground clearance package and the square fenders. That may allow me to get a decent sized tire in it that will match my Forester's slightly oversized setup with 28" diameter tires. It would be easy to overbuild the trailer to match a forester , but I want rugged because I am concerned about a lifetime of severely rutted fire roads with giant potholes. That sort of bouncing and flexing can ruin the structure if the frame flexes too much.

I have built in water in my TCteardrop

also, i walk on my fenders to do stuff up top

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal