Teardrop constructed by a cubist

smokeybear

Smokeybear
Started with a heavy duty Harbor Freight bolt-together 4x8 1800 lb trailer. Modified it similar to instructions at Dinoot trailers (google it). Added a hitch extension and a floating front crossmember to support a 4x5 floor.
CrossMember.jpgHitchExtension.jpg

Built a 4x7x4 mini camper. After trying a few things, built a 26 inch wide bunk with storage space below. Lots of room for additional coolers, chairs, or whatever. Bunk has foam pad and is remarkably comfortable sleeping. Replaced stock 12 inch wheels with 15 inch wheels and tires for ground clearance. Needed to put wheel spacers on to avoid rubbing the frame. I've dragged it up a 2 hour/10 mile dirt/rock 4x4 road for a comfortable August camping experience at Mink Peak near Superior Montana and through snow for comfortable sub-freezing camping near Seeley Lake Montana.
Photo07080633.jpgelk trip 003-2.jpg

smokeybear

Smokeybear
Yup, it's a solo rig. I'm contemplating making it a proof of concept rig. Thinking about building a nicer version in a couple years that either has bunk beds (build it 6 ft tall) or twin bunks (build it 6-7 feet wide. In the meantime, I'm really happy with the simplicity and sturdiness and comfort and carrying capacity of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh00333