Tepui lowpro, ruggedized, or standard?

Upnarms

I'm racking my brain trying to decide between three versions of the tepui kukenam 3. Want some advice especially from those who own any of these.

Ruggedized is heavy duty both hardware and material, comes with anti condensation mat. Cons- most expensive, heaviest at 180lbs, thicker canopy may be warm in AZ?

Explorer version cons is the fiberglass floor, no condensation mat, lighter duty cover. Pros - $600-700 less than ruggedized. About 50lbs lighter than ruggedized.

Lowpro version is just over 100lbs, priced in between other two, only 7" high when closed. Cons- no condensation may, untested w no user experience documented, unknown on their new light weight floor material, only comes in a very light gray color almost looks white.

Everything in me wants the ruggedized except for that 180lb weight which would be a ********** to remove if I want to, and extra stress on rtt bars, mounts over time.

Standard is probably sufficient, but im a sucker for having over built /extra strength

Low pro is super appealing for weight and profile aspect, but again, no known reviewers on its use. Rei is only place selling it right now.

I am only interested in thoughts on these 3 please, I know there are some great alternatives out there, really like the kukenam for the price, size, and sky light features.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Upnarms

I did learn from Tepui today that the LoPro has a honeycomb base of some kind of plastic. They said it is as rigid or more rigid than current bases they sell on other models. The canopy for the LoPro is polyester instead of polycotton. Finally, they said the ladder on the LoPro does not store with the tent, which I suppose is what helps it be so low profile.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78