Tepui Ruggedized 3 Autana arrived damaged - can I fix?

scrubjay

My Ruggedized Autana 3 was delivered and it looks like she had a wild ride enroute to me. The ABF driver dragged it on the ground into the garage not realizing the box integrity was already compromised. The hinges are badly scuffed and possibly more damage hiding in that box.
I'm not with the tent, I'm 5 hours away, and my MIL can't lift it to see specifically what is damaged.
What do you guys think?

Attachments

• IMG_0807.JPG
    IMG_0807.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0802.JPG
    IMG_0802.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0804.JPG
    IMG_0804.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0805.JPG
    IMG_0805.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 35

NatersXJ6

Explorer
File a damage report with the shipper. That does not appear to be the hinge but instead the mount for some of the straps / hook and loop, and the corner of the tent bottom itself. It can Most likely be repaired with some rivet replacement if you can get the parts but that is ridiculous and annoying on lots of levels. I’ve learned the hard lesson about inspection and receiving twice in life. Good luck. What city is the tent in?

scrubjay

Great if it's the mount for the securing straps, as I'm 28 pages deep in the "Sure-fire ways to improve your RTT" and that doesn't look too difficult to replace and upgrade the strap width. But yes, that's the last thing one wants to be dealing with when they could just be camping. If Tupei were open, I'd just drive 45 minutes to their store in Soquel. Tent is located in Monterey, CA.
Edit: Yeah, got more photos and it looks like the holding strap mounts. But of course not being with the tent, I can't tell for sure.

Attachments

• IMG_0801.JPG
    IMG_0801.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0793.JPG
    IMG_0793.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:

NatersXJ6

Explorer
They are pretty great at customer service, or at least have been for the 2 tents I bought directly. It is worth a direct call or email. My suspicion is that damage won’t impact the use of the tent, unless more is found. But annoying all the same.

scrubjay

Opened a claim with REI and hoping it goes well.

I'll contact Tupei directly after REI gives me a response. I've heard only good things about Tupei CS.
Yeah, it's going to be annoying if I have to spend (what will inevitably be) hours fixing it, cause damn dude, it's a 3k tent!

Jarred

I've always had great CS with Tepui. I have a ruggedized Grand Sabana and the bug screen on the annex had holes so they sent me a whole new annex.
I would say give them a call anyways while your claim with REI is processing.

Lemsteraak

Adventurer
That is forklift damage in handling. If Tepui picked the carrier, then I would have them file the claim. They carry more weight with the carrier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk