Tesla Cybertruck: The Future?

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
The cybertruck probably won't be able to do this.

I would buy a long bed if they could figure out how to work that tech into normal city driving.

rayra

Expedition Leader
I would buy a long bed if they could figure out how to work that tech into normal city driving.
'rear wheel steering' is already a thing. 'Quadrasteer' offered on some GMT800 trucks and SUVs ~15yrs ago.

But 30yrs+ of driving a full-size long-bed in and around Los Angeles hasn't been much trouble. Only needed to make a 27-point u-turn a few times.

rayra

Expedition Leader
He may be able to tout CyberTruck pre-orders while arranging more financing, but I don't think anyone would seriously count all of those as actual sales.
Plenty of people tracking that sort of info already. About a 1/4 of Model S orders have been cancelled as the program moves along. They've delivered about 400k cars so far. About 250k of those are Model S versions.
Even if a 1/4 of the Cybertruck orders are cancelled, that's still $10B in future revenue they could draw against. If they even needed to.

Their Chinese Gigafactory is now cranking out cars. So their production numbers ought to really increase in the coming months.

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
'rear wheel steering' is already a thing. 'Quadrasteer' offered on some GMT800 trucks and SUVs ~15yrs ago.

But 30yrs+ of driving a full-size long-bed in and around Los Angeles hasn't been much trouble. Only needed to make a 27-point u-turn a few times.

I know those are a thing but i'm not driving a 15 year old anything much less a 15 year old obsolete GM truck. No thank you.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
The Accolades For Musk’s Brilliance Keep Coming...

“Tesla Cybertruck's engineering and design might be genius”
(Notice they say “Might“)

Basically, this short love story seems to boil down to big savings in production costs attributed to the exoskeleton design of this incredibly nasty looking truck.

”Sandy Munro, the wunderkind of lean auto industry manufacturing, gives his analysis -- and paints a pretty picture for Tesla.”

shade

The Accolades For Musk’s Brilliance Keep Coming...

“Tesla Cybertruck's engineering and design might be genius”
(Notice they say “Might“)

Basically, this short love story seems to boil down to big savings in production costs attributed to the exoskeleton design of this incredibly nasty looking truck.

”Sandy Munro, the wunderkind of lean auto industry manufacturing, gives his analysis -- and paints a pretty picture for Tesla.”
I remain convinced that what we're seeing is really just Trump in a Musk suit. It's been done before.

We need eyes on Fred Savage ASAP.

Wow. Electric trucks and Elon Musk sure are polarizing topics. Have not seen this much flame since I last visited Pirate.
I would just like to know where we are supposed to get all the electrons to power these things? Isn't California already doing rolling brown outs?
Wind and solar aren't gonna do it.

Wow. Electric trucks and Elon Musk sure are polarizing topics. Have not seen this much flame since I last visited Pirate.
I would just like to know where we are supposed to get all the electrons to power these things? Isn't California already doing rolling brown outs?
Wind and solar aren't gonna do it.

As long as we continue to build renewable energy sources it's electric vehicles are the only ones on the planet that get greener over time. Plus better to be reliant on american energy than foreign oil.

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
Weird you're complaining about a 'weird flex' after your pissing in the face of people that are driving old GM trucks. While you were talking to one.

No one is pissing in anyone's face. Get a life man. I don't care what you drive or whether you like it or not.

I'm sorry that it hurts your feelings that I don't want a 15 year old truck. I owned a 2003 Chevy 1500... back in 2003. I don't want one now...in 2020.

Some of you guys need to figure out the difference between an insult and someone's opinion. Because it's obvious you have no clue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven