Texas Hill Country (Feb 18-20, 2011)

Expedition Leader
I did all but the last 20 minutes (in the Llano River bottom) in 2WD. Agree that a CR/V could have done it easily.

haven

Expedition Leader
Looks like a great weekend trip. Thanks for sharing the photos. (For those unfamiliar, the Hill Country greens up very nicely in Spring. It's a great area for birdwatching and wildflower viewing in April and May.)

Strizzo

Explorer
Thieu making the james river crossing
IMG_2092.jpg

photo at "unintended detour #1"
IMG_2088.jpg

The dust on the road out of Colorado Bend settled into the dew that had formed on the trucks overnight, making this interesting texture
IMG_2084.jpg

This is Texas, afterall
IMG_2082.jpg

these guys stood there like this for the better part of ten minutes, staring at us.
IMG_2076.jpg

XJINTX

Explorer
I stopped to see the eagles :)
My little digital was usesless but with my binoculars it's a great site.
Close to the road there is a pair in a big nest... did not see babies but might have been some?
Worth the stop if you get a chance again before they leave.

Last edited:

theicecreampeople

Adventurer
hillcountery248.jpg
[/URL][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG] hey guys was great meeting you guys ,hope these pics show up ..looking forward to many trips with you guys ..

Was going to get to work on the trip video today... but quite bummed from last night's drama.
I'll be doing a road trip this week, picking up SilvElise's Land Rover from Viggen. Should be able to work on it then for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach